Saturdays Cold Hunt - 05/08/10

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excal II
Saturday's Cold Hunt - 05/08/10

Got out on Saturday morning for a few hours with L4S and Mr. Senior. It was more than chilly and borderline freezing for me. I hate the cold. Anyway, I pushed through the misery and was awarded for my efforts. First place yielded an 1890 V, 1943 Merc, and a lead toy soldier. Looks like at one point he was riding a horse although the feet are bent up so maybe not.

Second spot didn't yield much in the way of old coins. 1 wheatie, a few clad dimes and more mems than I cared to dig. On the suggestion of Mr. Senior, I started walking the sideline of a soccer field and came across a quarter signal on the surface. Popped the plug and was awarded with a 925 silver ring with a small stone in the center. After careful inspection by the master, its a Polish ring from around the 70's.

Here's the pic.

050810.jpg

Thanks for looking and HH!

Re: Saturday's Cold Hunt - 05/08/10

nice silver ring! congrats

Nice Job,
Especially like the early date V. I dig several, but don't have a confirmed 1800's dated one, so good job. Ring is nice too... So you are getting to hunt now with the Master as well as the Jedi Apprentice? I sense a star wars style death match coming up between the 2 of you, there can only be 1 apprentice to the master....

Dub,

Another indulgence into our primitive desire for superior coinage & jewelry ... :read2:

HOWEVER MY GOOD MAN ... !!!

That lead toy soldier is INSANE ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

~ Al

Sweet hunting Dan!
Looks like it might be a Kaiser Wilhelm carricature toy from WWI. This might have been the one that had him charging on a rocking horse or something like that. Seen a couple different variants, great paint left on it!

The merc really shines! Great looker!

Nice ring, the stone could be a diamond. When stones are hammer set they need to be a hard stone (Ruby 9, Diamond 10). Congrat's on your other finds.

Great finds Dan! My favorite is that older V Nickel that looks like it has alot of detail!

Very cool soldier!!

Nice array of goo :thumbsup:dies

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back