Saturdays diggins...................

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
Saturdays diggin's...................

I met up with another member of this forum who was out here visiting relatives ( "Cheryl" from Ohio) Her & her kids, along with her sister (very nice people) met me at one of my favorite spots to do some detecting. She didn't bring a machine with her, so I brought the XLT along for her to use. After a few minuets of "How to", I turned her loose with it. There is a lot of nails & pull tabs in this spot, so it isn't the ideal place for a first time user of the XLT, but she was picking it up pretty quick, and even had her first multiple coin target. While I was there. I struck up a conversation with a local that owns a 1800's home in town, and gained permission to hunt it, which I plan on doing next weekend. After a while, Cheryl had to hit the road, and so did I to get my kids who were driving their mom nuts. Later in the afternoon, the kids & I went back out, and I of course detected while they played with their friends. I ended up with one small kids ring, 2 bigger rings (all fake) a 1964 silver quarter, a 1947 silver dime, a Peterbuilt key, part of a fishing lure, part if a watch, a very faded Spuds McKenzie pin, and a nice pile of clad. While I was digging the 1947 dime, out popped an old tax token (the non-metal type) which I thought was a nice bonus for the day (the big bonus is coming!) On the way home, I spoted a small beach that I had forgotten was even there, so we decided to stop & check it out. I detected while the kids built sand castles. I found a few pennies, bottle caps, and just as I was about to call it quits, I got a very strong ring/nickel hit. I mean the DFX practically said "your stupid if you don't dig this one!" So, I do..........and out pops this awesome looking wedding ring! This is my first great beach find (there aren't many beaches here). I will get some better pictures up during the week, I just didn't feel like dragging the camera stuff out tonight. I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Paul

Attachments

• saturday7-16-2006 020 (Medium).jpg
    saturday7-16-2006 020 (Medium).jpg
    102 KB · Views: 587
  • saturday7-16-2006 021 (Medium).jpg
    saturday7-16-2006 021 (Medium).jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 585
Upvote 0
Re: Saturdays diggin's...................

AMAZING ring! Nice job! Get any good coin roll hunting in lately?

I am still tearing up the rolls, just not as much as I do in the winter. I did get 2 full rolls of silver war nickels recently, which has motivated me to do more rolls! I see your going to the Civil War hunt in October, I hope to go, so maybe I'll see ya there!

Paul

I enjoyed getting out there with you. Thanks for the great comment (I can say the same about you :)). Thanks for your patience.

Wow!! You did great later in the day (without me there). I am curious about what beach you went to. You are great at this and a great teacher.

Cheryl

Flea Beach by the north bridge. Glad you had fun detecting. Let me know the next time your here.

paul

Great story Paul! Awesome that you and Cheryl could hunt together. Always nice to have a mding buddy along! :) And so glad to hear that you didn't make it into the dum-dum category! :D That is ONE AWESOME ring you found! Congrats on all those finds! Good luck on your new site too.

Nan ;)

Oh, yeah, that is one magnificent ring!!!!!! Um-mm, Flea beach ??? ?

Cheryl

congrats on the ring...nice job

HH
-GC

Cheryl said:
Oh, yeah, that is one magnificent ring!!!!!! Um-mm, Flea beach ??? ?

Cheryl

Notice after you left he hit the jackpot? ;D

Things that make you say Hmmmmm

Great Finds.

Wow, that ring makes the couple silver coins look like clad. Very Sweet. :) Coins are nice too.

Mirage

holy cowwwww,, man what a day..... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nice find . Glad you and Cheryl were able to meet up and hunt together.Sounds like you had a great time

Paul,

Some nice finds there. Good looking ring. Let me guess your site is near water?

Ed Donovan

Absolutely gorgeous ring, Paul. :o

You'll have to let us know if you get it appraised if they're real diamonds.

Great find's Paul,alway's nice to have an extra detector for those just in case reason's.Glad you two were able to hook up,been alot of that lately,pretty cool.Congrat's and HH to you both.

Paul,

Had to put my sun glasses on, the light reflecting off those rocks are blinding me. :o LOL Awesome finds, the ring & everything. Glad you & Cheryl had a chance to hunt together.

;) River

Gold ring and silver coins all in one haul... wow I am impressed. Beautiful finds, love that ring!!

Hi Paul

Wow, awesome wedding ring,
a fine keeper for sure, congrats
on that and all the goodies you dug.

Smiles!
BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back