Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saturday's finds.

The weather was nice so there are a few more sales, but also more competition. There was a church fundraiser sale listed for 8:00am so I got there at 7:00am , a few people were setting up, but there was also 2 of my competion there also. (we primarily look for jewelry). so I looked around than left to check out some other sales. I was done by 8:00 so I went back to the church sale and noticed a new set of tables being set up, when I looked I noticed a bunch of costume jewelry, mixed in it I noticed some silver so I asked how much, the lady said $40.00 I countered with $25.00 she said okay. then noticed some gold jewelry I looked it all said 10k, she said $15.00 so I said sold. Everything tested out good. The gold is all Harley Davidson jewlery,(chains and pendants). maybe I will scrap it or sell it otherwise. A good morning for me. Thanks for looking.........Scott.

Attachments

• mandie&al 001.jpg
    mandie&al 001.jpg
    531.9 KB · Views: 862
  • mandie&al 002.jpg
    mandie&al 002.jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 930
OP
OP
Rodbuster209

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Saturday's finds.

Sorry about the pictures being to big, I am still learning how to post them the right size.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds. You would do better than melt selling the HD stuff as jewelry.

SEANO

Sep 16, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Sold them all.

GREAT FINDS RODBUSTER!!! Agree on the selling of the HD items, you can always scrap if they don't move.

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO

That was a great find! I third selling branded jewelry. You can do much better than scrap value. Harley Davidson seems a little over-exposed on eBay, but their gold jewelry seems to do well. Other brands you may have never even heard of can have collectors willing to pay many multiples of scrap value. One notable score I came across was an "Avon skeleton key ring". I paid $4 for the ring and would have barely broke even as scrap. On ebay they sell for $60-80 all day long. I didn't know that until after I had already bought the ring. You may have more treasure than you know.
Congrats!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice haul there. Ditto on the Harley stuff for a premium over melt. Make sure you check the sterling for makers marks too, certain designer stuff can sell for well over melt value.

batcap said:
That was a great find! I third selling branded jewelry. You can do much better than scrap value. Harley Davidson seems a little over-exposed on eBay, but their gold jewelry seems to do well. Other brands you may have never even heard of can have collectors willing to pay many multiples of scrap value. One notable score I came across was an "Avon skeleton key ring". I paid $4 for the ring and would have barely broke even as scrap. On ebay they sell for $60-80 all day long. I didn't know that until after I had already bought the ring. You may have more treasure than you know.
Congrats!
That's funny, I sold one of those Avon skeleton key rings several years ago when silver was around $16-$17 oz., it still brought over $50 even then. It was the wifes, I was going through a bag of her old (costume)jewelry and found that in it. I looked it up on Ebay and saw what they were selling for, so it had to go. I just bought 24 sterling Avon rings today for $1 each (all NIB from 1978), not the skeleton key ones though. I'll still get $5 each for them all day long.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread