Oct 11, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT All Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Saturday's Hunt at a "Hunted out" site

Me and a couple friends went out detecting 2 weeks ago where I received permission to hunt around an 1810 brick home. We found a few odds and ends, (a gold puzzle ring, a few silver dimes and some wheat pennies) but couldn't get our coils over any period items. The owner came out as we were leaving and told us other detectorists hunted a hill nearby his house on his property and found "pewter spoon utensils, old buttons, an 1810 dime and a 1790 penny". Unfortunately, it was getting dark and the hill was covered in snow at the time so we couldn't hunt it. I went out to scout the hill for a few hours the next Saturday by myself and was surprised to see that most of the site was STILL covered in snow! Keep in mind, this was the snow from the blizzard last month. I was kinda upset, considering most of the promising areas were completely covered in the white stuff, but I plowed on. It was actually melting a lot during the hunt too. The first high signal I got right inside the iron patch of the house was an awesome copper wire that came up like an 80! I was really bummed now, cause I was almost positive that was a nice little coin that the previous guys missed. Not long after, I get a lower tone just lower than a nickel and it ends up being a tombac button. Now my hopes got up for this site again and I continued to get signals. This place was hunted VERY well. About 15 minutes later, I get what I thought was a large flat button at the time, which turned out to be a KGII copper after a cleaning. I was really surprised when I saw the bust when I get home and rinsed it. I think they made it into a button. Back to the hunt, I plucked out a fatty indian dated 1860 head soon after the KGII. I hadn't found one of those in a while so I was content for the day. The rest of the day continued with targets coming slowly and steadily. I decide to get out of the area's I've already hunted before and go into areas where there was lots of ice and snow in the morning, and has receded since then. I get a high signal between the iron and another fat penny pops out! This time, based on the back, I could tell it's a Flying Eagle! What an awesome day! I also found a silver unicorn marked sterling, a 1943 merc in the current yard, and a few pewter spoon pieces. My opinion is that the standing house either was moved further down the hill OR there was an earlier structure at one time. :thumbsup: Can't wait to go back, there's gotta be so much more hiding!

P.S. if you look closely you can see the 1857 of the flying eagle.

IMG_9110.JPG
IMG_9144.JPG
IMG_9154.JPG

HH

Isaac

Upvote 17

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice stuff

Persistence and patients always pays off

HH Jer

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds! But...What's that dark button to the far right? Is that a tombac with an engraving or design?

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I just read what you wrote. Nice. Can we see a close up?

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another " hunted out " spot produces and very good finds too!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice hunt! Thank you for sharing the story. :icon_thumleft:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG Isaac, Congrats on the 3 coins and other relics. Two of those coins are on my bucket list.

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great hunt Isaac :thumbsup: Sounds like there's still a lot more down there.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And the kid keeps pullin' em out! Way to go Isaac,nice reward for your efforts. I say no place is completely hunted out.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on some nice finds in a hunted out spot!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NICE FINDS ISSAC , SO WHERE ON THE EAST COAST ARE YOU NOW .. MAN YOU SURE GET AROUND ...

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Hunted out site" is an Oxymoron.:laughing7:
Nice diggin'.:occasion14:
Marvin

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice variety , aint no site ever hunted out ive had some of my best finds at places like that !

OP
OP
Isaac

Isaac

Oct 11, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT All Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice variety , aint no site ever hunted out ive had some of my best finds at places like that !

I agree you're not gonna believe what I found today at this site!!!!! :) We're not too far from each other either, and almost everywhere we go now has been hunted sometime before... Thank you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread