Saved someones day...

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headed out to the condo with the wife and lil max..., I didn't have any big expectations since the sand is so thick where I hunt, even fresh dropped clad is far and few between. I did wanna hang out and see the BIG surf since It's the first time this year :headbang:, and on Sat the surfers were tearing it up.Well Saturday evening I talked the wife to go down to the beach with me, and read her book, while I had a few beers and see what I could find. Well as were walking down there's a wedding party seated and from the sounds of it I overheard walking by it was sounding like the bride was getting stood up :help:
MD8-29-10016.jpg

We set up and we had the beach to ourselves, it was kinda nice...I usually don't hunt here, since it doesn't have the traffic of the other spots.
MD8-29-10021.jpg

Well I guess all involved with the wedding showed cuz it was on...
MD8-29-10081.jpg

I managed to finish the few barley pops I brought down with me, and had enough of hunting since there were so few targets and such we watched the ceremony. It brought back fond memories since we just had our 10 year this last July and we were married at Ponce Inlet park in Daytona at sunrise. So they were done, and were just taking pics after they were hitched... we decided to head back to the condo and start on the rest of the wobbly pop. So we started to walk up to the truck, when I said to Roxy, It looks like someone lost something... then one of the guys from the wedding party comes over and asks if I could help find the Brides diamond earring she just lost in the fluff. I said sure no problem... Luckily I did have the wife and the camera with me cuz I usually go out by myself and leave the camera in the truck.
MD8-29-10090.jpg

So I got to where they were standing, put my headphones on and< 30 seconds I have it in my hand, 6 nice diamonds and white gold, that kinda looked like a sergeants patch. They sure were happy to get it back...I was quite thrilled to find it for them too, as you can see.
MD8-29-10092.jpg

Some one from the party, guessing someones mom, tried to give me a reward and I told her not necessary and I would hope someone would help me if I needed it, and left... This is the first chance I have had to help get a lost item back to its owner, it made me feel proud I could help out. The surf was pounding when I left this afternoon, so my earned Karma will have to wait til Wednesday when I head back out for a few days... might just head down to Vero if the sand is moving out... need to find a Cob. :thumbsup:

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honorable mention for sure.. WTG Tupperware...
Keep us posted on the surf conditions.. I dont think I will be able to hit the east side for at least a week.. Why drop $50 on gas if you cant even hunt in the water??

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice job ! What a great feeling when you save someones wedding day.

Tek

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Nicely done! Honorable mention nomination submitted!!

leefields

Feb 25, 2008
Lake Hamilton Florida 33851
Detector(s) used
Excall 2 w/Anderson shaft ...
Minelab CTX 3030 ...
Minelab GT
well done....

i know i follow the same line....if that were my people in that situation i would want someone to help out if they could....

i have come out far ahead in the past because of it...treat others as though you hope they would treat your people...

anyhow....

nice thing you did...

see you on the east side sometime...

lee

OP
OP
S.S.Tupperware

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all, Hey SS do ya get down to Punta Gorda? Wife has parents down there, and she want's to go next weekend... I wanna go to the condo cuz it should be good pickins after the blow... :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread