Saxon Field - Day 5...Charles I Pipe-Tamper...

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    158.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    150 KB · Views: 120
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 132
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 0
cool finds. love those coins

Nice finds! You sure do find a lot of bottons in those fields. I found a few in the fields that I detected in Devon and Somerset, with my SE Pro, but not that many. I did find a very nice service button (I believe it is) with a griffin on it which I have yet to post and a few more interesting finds from my holiday.

Nice finds! You sure do find a lot of bottons in those fields. I found a few in the fields that I detected in Devon and Somerset, with my SE Pro, but not that many. I did find a very nice service button (I believe it is) with a griffin on it which I have yet to post and a few more interesting finds from my holiday.

If its a 1 piece with griffin, its most likely a 19th C Livery Button, I like those.

Bring an XP, next time.

Congrats to Dad for finding a nice relic, I don't think I have ever found a pipe tamper but sure would love to find one, especially something with a neat design or as in your Dad's, historical figures.

Don

If its a 1 piece with griffin, its most likely a 19th C Livery Button, I like those.

Bring an XP, next time.

Yes I detected in Somerset with Geoff (maker of ChefPhones if you know his)...he also mentioned that it was a livery button. It's a large one and quite nice for us Yanks. I will try and post a scan of it later this evening. I will also post a group shot of my other buttons from England....Thanks for the information.

I just bought a CTX 3030, but didn't bring it as there's no X-1 for it, but I'm interested in getting and XP as well. Looks like a great machine!

That Pipe Tamper is pretty awesome. I'd like to see how they made it back in their day.

:thumbsup:

That pipe tamper is nice, your finds seem limitless cru!

That pipe tamper is nice, your finds seem limitless cru!

If they were not, I may have got bored & given up by now. I always call a good day, one that includes a 'first' of anything, & that is nearly every outing.

Nice pipe tamper and congrats on the hammered! HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back