What's new

Scabbard?

Ripcon

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2016
Messages
725
Reaction score
1,246
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe I found part of a sword/bayonet scabbard yesterday. If so, is it civil war period or from another period? Lots of Union soldiers were camped around this house site I've been hunting. The house was gone by 1940.
Here's a front and back photo. Any help on this i.d. and age?

scabbardfront.webpscabbardback.webp
 
It could be part of a scabbard. That said, it could be part of a curtain rod as well...

Is it steel? Nothing about it says "Civil War" to me.

Maybe you should look at WWI era bayonet scabbards.
 
Upvote 0
It could be part of a scabbard. That said, it could be part of a curtain rod as well...

Is it steel? Nothing about it says "Civil War" to me.

Maybe you should look at WWI era bayonet scabbards.

Yes, it appears to be steel with some rust. I'm beginning to think World War I period or around that time frame too.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I agree with curtain rod.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom