SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like he joined Jan 3rd this year and has "0" posts.

How did he scam you?

OP
OP
midalake

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like he joined Jan 3rd this year and has "0" posts.

How did he scam you?

On both of my "wanted" Ads he stated that he had those items, but when pressed he clearly does not have those items. Nor has he ever owned a detector in his life.

A google search of both his sign-on name and phone number shows he is a known scammer.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Midalake, I suggest you read our rules.

"Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators, however, disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired within the forums. Please feel free to PM the person directly rather than air your dirty laundry in public."

OP
OP
midalake

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

"Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators, however, disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired within the forums. Please feel free to PM the person directly rather than air your dirty laundry in public."

I sent the problem and request for removal the first time it happened. However will do it again.

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not sure what I am and am not allowed to say based on Treasure Hunter's post, but I will share this as a statement of facts: rouzbehg4 private messaged me about a Wanted post I made a few weeks ago (the Indian Head Cent one), and in the message he said "I have a set laying around...". That didn't sound right to me, and when I looked at his profile I saw that he was new with no posts, so I chose not to contact him.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Because all scammers come clean when you private message them, right?

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got a PM out of the blue from a different user with no posts. I can't say it was a scam necessarily, because I haven't posted any "wanted" ads, but it seemed odd. He also included an email address for "quicker and uninterrupted communication". He joined in December.

pr********ct said:
What does the following mean: "Detector(s) used:
Bounty Hunter"

Thank you,
J******
For quicker and uninterrupted communication: qu********aol.com

I asked a mod about it.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a PM out of the blue from a different user with no posts. I can't say it was a scam necessarily, because I haven't posted any "wanted" ads, but it seemed odd. He also included an email address for "quicker and uninterrupted communication".

I asked a mod about it.

Sounds like a spammer...

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
On all of the forums of which I am a member, when I suspect a scam of any type, I report the suspicion to a moderator. If it was through a PM, I also forward the messages.

Time for more coffee.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Some weeks back I had an issue with Midalake, and I chose to block him. Don't know what the deal is with him, but felt I'd be better off ignoring him. I apologize if this was just me and not him.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread