What's new

Scary Face!

SaginawIan

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2006
Messages
679
Reaction score
14
Golden Thread
0
Location
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Mojave.
Dug a hole at a very old homesite and this was staring back at me! Do you suppose it was on a jewelry box or something? It's hollow.

Ian
 

Attachments

  • DSC01608.webp
    DSC01608.webp
    49.3 KB · Views: 528
  • DSC01608.webp
    DSC01608.webp
    49.3 KB · Views: 523
Perhaps part of a belt or bracelet, with a series of similar items linked together?
 
Upvote 0
I don't really see a scary face at all... its just a nice womans face (although....maybe if it reminds you of your mother-in-law that could be true).

It appears to be stamped metal, copper/bronze, and then silvered. Nice find that well!

I would think it would be an item where something would be put through the 4 holes such as straps, each strap going diagonal out from the holes, which would hold the object in the middle (for instance in the middle of a person). Will see if I can find a photo of something like that, but really it could be used for something else also I am sure...
 
Upvote 0
A very pretty face to me. Might have been part of a necklace or bracelet? Monty
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom