What's new

Schoolyard yields- silver and gold and lots of trinkets

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2006
Messages
6,338
Reaction score
28
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Hello everyone,

Again I had to work yesterday, for the second Saturday in a row which is rare for me in the past couple years. Working on the big OT (own time...lol). The joy of being an engineer I suppose. Anyway, I didn't want to get too grimey so I hit another schoolyard close to work for some easy detecting and digging in the woodchips around the play structures.

I got in 3 hours of detecting found $8.90 face value , 183 coins. In one area, there was pennies everywhere. I must have dug 100 pennies in 1/2 hour or so in that area. There was 1 wheatie in the mix, a 1944.

I did snag a lot of jewelry today. This place was loaded.
My keepers include a very thin, delicate, but pretty lover's pendant hallmarked 14kt, a nice 925 silver pendant (looks Mexican), and an interesting pin hallmarked sterling (made in France) that has a snow ski with the state of Michigan shape in red stones hanging below it. It's pretty cool!

Also a pile of trinket jewelry including 3 rings, 4 earrings, and 16 charms/pendants.

I also found a Hong Kong $5 dollar piece 1987. It's big, almost the diameter of an american half and very thick (twice as thick as a half). Another cool dig was a flattened penny from Fort Michilimackinac.

It was a beautiful day out there and I was just happy to get out as things have been really hectic at work and home of late.

Happy hunting to you all!

Sorry for the crappy photos this time. My scanner is on the fritz but we got it sussed and the fix part comes in the mail Tuesday.

Smiles!
BDoo
 

Attachments

  • Keepers.webp
    Keepers.webp
    9.2 KB · Views: 749
  • Trinkets.webp
    Trinkets.webp
    41.9 KB · Views: 749
  • Coins.webp
    Coins.webp
    7.6 KB · Views: 700
Upvote 0
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
Boo,

WOW, thats a bunch. Sounds like you hit
the right place. Sure would keep it in mind
for the future.

Again, WOW ::)

have a good un....................

Hiya Sherm,

great to see you here, thanks for the comment!

Yes, I keep good records and hit the ones I think are ripe.

Smiles!
BDoo
 
Hi Mchamby, Greg, Dave and Bobbie, and Goldencoin,

Thanks muchly you all, for the visit and encouragement.
This place is inspirational for me and I hope my little finds make you smiles a bit too.

See you 'round the board!

Smiles!
BDoo
 
Boobydoo said:
PBK said:
An amazing array, BDoo! :o That cylindrical silver item looks as if it might be a mezuzah case pendant.

Thanks a lot for the friendly comment my friend.
I will try to post a better picture of this silver pendant and I appreciate all your help with the possible ID of it. I did in fact find it at a school that has 85% Jewish enrollment so maybe.

Smiles!
BDoo

I zoomed a little and lightened the existing photo for now PBK.
I will get a better one tomorrow. Can't do it tonight.

Thanks! Here the edited one.

BDoo
 

Attachments

  • Keepers 2.webp
    Keepers 2.webp
    5.6 KB · Views: 493
You must really be the man, or atleast one of "the man". I have only been MDing and looking here for a short time, but in that short time you have posted some really killer finds time and time again. High number finds.

Congratulations,

Postalrevnant
 
Man, that is a lot of jewelry. Very Nice - even if it's not really expensive. You must live in one of those rich suburbs. :D

You are an Engineer. Me too. I'm Electrical.

Mirage
 
Dude thats a Great Haul! You pull targets in impressive time :o. I've hit my old highschool once this summer(50's era) and all i got were 120 pennies and lots of erasers, oh and a classroom key heh. NONE were wheaties, i was stumped. Best i can guess is that some1 else had been there with good ID readings. Good for you man.
 
W T G! That's a good haul. Thanks for sharing.

Huntin' 59er
 
MAN! I hit schools and playgrounds all the time and my biggest haul is something like 63 cents. I guess I'm going to have to start hiting older schools...
 
Nana40 said:
My goodness Scooby! :o You must a been really trying to ease those nerves! :P Look at all that! And $8.90! YOU will sleep well tonight. ;)
Hope everything works out for you. Congrats on all those keepers!

Nana :)

Thankls for the friendly and encouraging note Nana!
This forum is such an inspiration, super motivating
because of all the nice people here like you.


Thanks also Surfrat for your comment, you snuck in there while I was commenting the other night.
Best of luck to you friend!

Smiles!
BDoo
 
Wow if I found that much in one go I would be in heaven ::) Those are great items you have found.

God bless
Peter
 
Postalrevnant said:
You must really be the man, or atleast one of "the man". I have only been MDing and looking here for a short time, but in that short time you have posted some really killer finds time and time again. High number finds.

Congratulations,

Postalrevnant

Thanks very much. You are very nice.
It's an inspiration seeing everyones great finds I think.
Best of luck to you
and thanks again for the friendly comment.

Smiles!
BDoo
 
Mirage said:
Man, that is a lot of jewelry. Very Nice - even if it's not really expensive. You must live in one of those rich suburbs. :D

You are an Engineer. Me too. I'm Electrical.

Mirage

"Used" to live in the rich side of town,
but I have the wheels and hits the places
I think will produce.

Electrical engineer...cool!
I am a product/design engineer right now
and have been in advanced engineering
for a few years prior to my current assignment.

Take care and good luck my friend!

Smiles!
BDoo
 
joe_black said:
Dude thats a Great Haul! You pull targets in impressive time :o. I've hit my old highschool once this summer(50's era) and all i got were 120 pennies and lots of erasers, oh and a classroom key heh. NONE were wheaties, i was stumped. Best i can guess is that some1 else had been there with good ID readings. Good for you man.

Hi Joe

Good to see you again.
I am just hitting the woodchips this trip
so it's easy to be efficiant, plus
for these trips I have a secret weapon MD'er,
that helps with the speed too.
Thanks for the visit and comment.

Smiles!
BDoo
 
Hi Big Al, Hunting 59er, Omaha Digger, Art, DMCGuy, and IL Bob,

Thanks to you all for taking time to look and comment.
Best of luck to you all!

Big smiles!
BDoo
 
soupie said:
That is one big load of jewelry,congrats on the finds,I also wanted to mention if you need another BiG P keychain I have the match to yours,lol....who would buy something like that????

Thanks Soupie


Sherm found one too the other day and posted it on What Is This forum and it ended up to be a zipper pull for Pro Player Jackets.

Good luck bud!

Smiles!
BDoo
 
pgill said:
Wow if I found that much in one go I would be in heaven ::) Those are great items you have found.

God bless
Peter

Thanks Peter,

It was a good day for sure and plucking them out of the woodchipped play areas is such easy pickins...I can get spoiled...lol.

Smiles!
BDoo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom