What's new

Scoop on EBAy

I bought one too and am also having a hard time finding a handle

I went to three hardware stores, Home Depot, and Lowe's. They have round handles but no square ones. Next stop will be Tractor Supply. If they don't have it then I'll probably buy a round handle and file the sides down.
 
is my scoop Stavrscoop
 

Attachments

  • 3brataRR.webp
    3brataRR.webp
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,205
  • 5-granik-f-1024.webp
    5-granik-f-1024.webp
    320.6 KB · Views: 1,358
Got my scoop fedex looks great, got a handle at a local small hardware store fits perfect. Mintcraft pro posthole digger handle. Hope to get to try it out this weekend.
 
Round peg in a square hole

I gave up looking for a square handle of the correct size and decided to purchase a round one from Home Depot. I sanded a little off of each side with a disc sander. It seems to fit nice and snug. Hopefully it will work out.
 

Attachments

  • scoop2.webp
    scoop2.webp
    61 KB · Views: 873
  • scoop1.webp
    scoop1.webp
    67.3 KB · Views: 862
  • scoop3.webp
    scoop3.webp
    69.1 KB · Views: 856
  • scoop4.webp
    scoop4.webp
    57.7 KB · Views: 832
Seems like electropolishing the scoops would remove the discoloration from the welding. I weld stainless all the time at my job at Idasailor.com and we electropolish our SS to prevent rusting of the 304 alloy. Sure makes the metal uniformly shiny. I guess if it doesn't stay in the salt water all the time it don't need it. Nice scoops, maybe I'll make me one. Maybe draw one in Autocad and have it laser cut. What's the best size for the holes? Niffler
 
I've had the scoop max posted a picture of... and I love it.

Max, as for the 20 degree angle... I had one of my clients make me a "wedge" that bolted in front of the foot-pad. Works even better now
 
The new model with the angled handle should be a big improvement. The straight up handle is my biggest complaint with the one I got. I'm probably going to mount mine on a handle I have from another scoop that wore out.
 
John
I had the same issue. On mine, the footpad is attached with 4 SS bolts and lock-nuts. I took mine to a client who owns a welding shop and he made a small "wedge" that fits between the scoop and the footpad. It's about 1.5 inches at the top, and pointy at the bottom. Uses all the same bolt holes, and is solid on the back to support the handle. gives me a little bit of an angle, and makes it a little easier to use. He did mine for free, but I can't see a shop charging more than 20 bucks to do the bends.

steve
 
Hey Niffler... you could use 316, it's more corrosion resistant than 304 in saltwater.
Or you could use titanium, and never have to worry!
 
Thanks number9, that's true. 316 is more expensive, but is more corrosion resistant. I'm making my cad drawing tonight, and I'll go with 3/8" holes and 14 guage SS. HH Niffler
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom