Re: Scoop on EBAy- REVIEW-
As some of you know, I bought this $99 scoop shown in this thread.... It arrived about a week ago, pretty fast shipping.. S&H was included in the price, which was a big plus...
The scoop is slightly smaller than the sunspot, but not enough really for me to think it is a big difference.. It is VERY well made, and I like the hole pattern it has. I got a post earring in it that had it not had the area of small holes near the back of the scoop, I wouldnt have got it..
Although it says the post hole handle can be had at any hardware store, it was not the case for my area.. Lowes, Home Depot, ACE, and even a couple farmer supply stores all had posthole digger handles, but they were either round ones, or square that were about a 1/4 inch too small...
I finally found ONE that fit it at a small hardware store in my town.. I guess I could have ordered one online if I couldnt have found one..
The angle I like, and the only complaint I would have (minor issue) is the foot pad.. It really needs to be about an inch wider on each side.. In heavy surf (which seems to be the case in my last two outings), and the cloudy water that accompanies it, I found that I would put my foot more on one side or the other, and it would want to twist and end up sideways.. A larger pad area would fix that. But I also think the more I get used to it, that will become less of an issue..
All in all, the thickness, solid build, and great price make this a winner for sure.. A Sunspot with shipping included would have cost me about $200 (including handle)... SO for half the money, I ended up with a very good scoop.... Hope this helps, and if anyone wants me to post pictures of it with the handle, I will do so...
HH All!