What's new

Scored a hoard

exnatomp

Full Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2009
Messages
167
Reaction score
22
Golden Thread
0
Yesterday I picked up a box of halves & $71 in handrolled pennies from my bank. The halves coughed up 4 40%'s with one staring at me from the end of the roll. I also found a '49 English penny, the exact diameter of a half dollar coin. The pennies on the other hand proved more fruitful. As I was going through the rolls, several of them were either solid or mostly wheats. In the end I found over 1700 wheats. There were a wide range of dates including notable ones like '33, '32, '27-S, & '09VDB. One of my best finds in years.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0349_1_1.webp
    IMG_0349_1_1.webp
    31.5 KB · Views: 493
  • IMG_0347_1_1.webp
    IMG_0347_1_1.webp
    54.5 KB · Views: 482
Upvote 0
Cant beat a 09 VDB for a penny!!!!
 
WOW 1700 wheats in one haul! that is great. I need a nice haul like that to add to my wheats.


Jason
 
sweet score! It takes a lot of searching to get a hoard

HH
-GC
 
Awesome. Too bad you paid 50 cents for a penny. :lol:
 
Now that's a find!
 
lol. thats more wheats then ive found in a yr and a half of crh
nice
 
cats a whole lotta wheaties . score!!!
 
fill up a couple books really fast with 1700 wheaties
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom