Fenway

Jun 30, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Excal II,
CTX 30-30, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
After all of your great advice I decided to jump in! I'm starting small with dimes and pennies. They are easy to unload and there is not a huge investment. I had some luck the other day with some pennies (skunked on the dimes) I picked up from the supermarket so I figured I would try again. I got 13 Wheaties from 20 rolls. Today I got my 4 and 5 year old daughters to help me. We went through 40 rolls and ended up with 29 Wheaties and 13 from Canada. We had a lot of fun. It will be easy to bring them back to the market and dump them into Coinstar at no charge.

Just curious, are these numbers good, average or poor? At some point I will take the plunge and try out some halfs.

Upvote 0

drcaulfield

Feb 22, 2013
your reject tray
Primary Interest:
Other
13/20 is good I think I have gotten like 20 wheaties from 2 boxes of pennies my wife did. the earliest she found was a 1919..i do find a ton of canadian but i live close to canada so no big deal I just save em.

jayhawk22

Greenie
Jan 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After all of your great advice I decided to jump in! I'm starting small with dimes and pennies. They are easy to unload and there is not a huge investment. I had some luck the other day with some pennies (skunked on the dimes) I picked up from the supermarket so I figured I would try again. I got 13 Wheaties from 20 rolls. Today I got my 4 and 5 year old daughters to help me. We went through 40 rolls and ended up with 29 Wheaties and 13 from Canada. We had a lot of fun. It will be easy to bring them back to the market and dump them into Coinstar at no charge.

Just curious, are these numbers good, average or poor? At some point I will take the plunge and try out some halfs.

Sounds about right. I just ran a box & pulled 10 wheats. I think that was a little low compared to my typical box.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Dawg wheats gon' be worth a lot one of these days keep stackin'

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I would say that is pretty darn good! When I was doing cents a while ago about 4 months ago, in the machine wrapped brinks I would get around a 14-16 wheats per box average. So, I think you did quite well! I love cents!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread