What's new

Scotland Prospecting Video

Goldgrabber

Full Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2015
Messages
183
Reaction score
257
Golden Thread
0
Location
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
here's the last video I shot over the easter weekend at Wanlockhead, showing the spot I started on day 1 and briefly touched again on the last day, along with sluicing some of the last material from my bucket before my phone ran out of storage lol... enjoy...:
https://youtu.be/6PYqAjkAhV4
 
Upvote 0
Well done video! You look to be running the sluice a bit too fast if you want to catch all the small gold.
 
I agree with Kevin.

Learning to run a stream sluice takes a bit of practice, but I'm sure you'll get it figured out with the standard trial and error.

I love the location you were working in, and I hope you had some goodies in your concentrates at the end of the day.

All the best,

Lanny
 
Cheers guys, the water level can be deceiving in the video, I never run my water level above 1 1/2 - 2" high in the sluice and this is my maximum level I'd run. I've always wondered how well these sluices hold on to the fine stuff myself too but the amount of micron sized stuff it's kept hold of so far eases my fears
 
WOW! Blue skies in Scotland???
 
Deep and fast are two different things but if you're happy, that's enough :)
 
Yes Duck, BLUE SKIES!!!! I was amazed myself tooooo....

Kev, I always chuck a couple of cups of material from top gravel through so I can see how quickly and smoothly it clears through the sluice, if it takes too long or clogs up the lower steps in the drop riffle system, I'll make amendments to the set up, raising/lowering the angle, creating more/less water flow in the sluice etc... It will also depend if I plan to manually pump straight into my sluice from my manual pump or not because that requires a bit faster flow to shift any larger rocks, whereas if I'm just sluicing classified material, it might be a little slower as there'll be no large rocks in that stuff... All depends on whats getting sluiced where really :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom