Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1
I went almost 21 years without finding a multi tool and within the last month I have found 3. It’s crazy how finds can run in cycles like that. When I got to the camp somebody had put down all the tent floorboards. Normally we put them down as we set up the tents and the floorboards make it more difficult to cover a site. So it was either move boards as I went or stay away from the boards. I started out side of the site and worked my way to the edge and then decided to detect along the lake shore and it turned out to be a wise choice. I spent 6 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 104 coins with a face value of $13.73 (45 quarters really brings up the dollar amount), 37 camp tent pegs, prescription glasses, a large tire weight, a mini multi tool, a neckerchief slide, a nice variety of sinkers, 2 rope tensioners, a few tabs, some buried aluminum cans and melted aluminum from the campfires.

DSCN2599.jpeg

The multi tool is a mini GERBER DIME. It was under the surface and has been there a year or 2 but everything still works and is in decent shape. They sell for between $24 and $33 on line so another good find.

DSCN2600.jpeg

I also found this tire weight for an 18 wheeler size tire. I’ve never seen one this big before. Well more lead to recycle, it all adds up. The coin count was definitely not the norm, 45 quarters, 17 dimes, 9 nickels and 33 pennies. It is a rare day when I find more quarters than pennies.

DAY 2
I went back to camp since the tent will go up soon and I won’t be able to get back here until August so I thought I would take advantage of the opportunity. I spent 7 hours swingin the CZ21 along neither section of shore and found 73 coins with a face value of $10.33 (33 quarters this time, another high count), 43 camp tent pegs (including 2 big Berthas), a pair of pliers that still works, fishing lures, an On My Honor scout pin, a neckerchief slide, a doughnut penny, 2 rope tensioners, a big batch of sinkers, aluminum cans and melted aluminum from the campfires. Nothing great, but still fun to get some variety and for some reason I really enjoy finding sinkers.

DSCN2601.jpeg

DAY 3
I went back to school and spent 6 hours expanding the 2 grids I worked last time. Not as good as last time, 42 coins with a face value of $1.64, a plated ring, a melted aluminum pendant, a broken copper rivet, half of a wire connector, 2 keys, lots of aluminum tie wire for fencing, a few tabs and the usual assortment of junk. This is a civil war site and the rivet might be old, but they used rivets like this for a long time and you still see them some today so there is no way to determine the age.

DSCN2603.jpeg

DSCN2604.jpeg

DAY 4
I did another day at the school hoping for better luck as I clean up section after section to try and get all the old goodies while I have the chance. In 5.5 hours I found 43 coins with a face value of $2.73, an old porcelain house fuse, a piece of a toy car, more fence wire, tabs and a pile of can slaw and buried aluminum cans.

DSCN2605.jpeg

Not a great week, but overall decent gas money and a few interesting items to keep it fun. Who knows, maybe next week will be a winner. You don’t find it if you’re not swingin. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

IMG_6367.jpeg IMG_6371.jpeg DSCN2602.jpeg

Upvote 16

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1
I went almost 21 years without finding a multi tool and within the last month I have found 3. It’s crazy how finds can run in cycles like that. When I got to the camp somebody had put down all the tent floorboards. Normally we put them down as we set up the tents and the floorboards make it more difficult to cover a site. So it was either move boards as I went or stay away from the boards. I started out side of the site and worked my way to the edge and then decided to detect along the lake shore and it turned out to be a wise choice. I spent 6 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 104 coins with a face value of $13.73 (45 quarters really brings up the dollar amount), 37 camp tent pegs, prescription glasses, a large tire weight, a mini multi tool, a neckerchief slide, a nice variety of sinkers, 2 rope tensioners, a few tabs, some buried aluminum cans and melted aluminum from the campfires.

View attachment 2086388

The multi tool is a mini GERBER DIME. It was under the surface and has been there a year or 2 but everything still works and is in decent shape. They sell for between $24 and $33 on line so another good find.

View attachment 2086389

I also found this tire weight for an 18 wheeler size tire. I’ve never seen one this big before. Well more lead to recycle, it all adds up. The coin count was definitely not the norm, 45 quarters, 17 dimes, 9 nickels and 33 pennies. It is a rare day when I find more quarters than pennies.

DAY 2
I went back to camp since the tent will go up soon and I won’t be able to get back here until August so I thought I would take advantage of the opportunity. I spent 7 hours swingin the CZ21 along neither section of shore and found 73 coins with a face value of $10.33 (33 quarters this time, another high count), 43 camp tent pegs (including 2 big Berthas), a pair of pliers that still works, fishing lures, an On My Honor scout pin, a neckerchief slide, a doughnut penny, 2 rope tensioners, a big batch of sinkers, aluminum cans and melted aluminum from the campfires. Nothing great, but still fun to get some variety and for some reason I really enjoy finding sinkers.

View attachment 2086392

DAY 3
I went back to school and spent 6 hours expanding the 2 grids I worked last time. Not as good as last time, 42 coins with a face value of $1.64, a plated ring, a melted aluminum pendant, a broken copper rivet, half of a wire connector, 2 keys, lots of aluminum tie wire for fencing, a few tabs and the usual assortment of junk. This is a civil war site and the rivet might be old, but they used rivets like this for a long time and you still see them some today so there is no way to determine the age.

View attachment 2086393

View attachment 2086394

DAY 4
I did another day at the school hoping for better luck as I clean up section after section to try and get all the old goodies while I have the chance. In 5.5 hours I found 43 coins with a face value of $2.73, an old porcelain house fuse, a piece of a toy car, more fence wire, tabs and a pile of can slaw and buried aluminum cans.

View attachment 2086395

Not a great week, but overall decent gas money and a few interesting items to keep it fun. Who knows, maybe next week will be a winner. You don’t find it if you’re not swingin. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

View attachment 2086390 View attachment 2086391 View attachment 2086387
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love those boy scouts...always dropping stuff! Congrats!
Yes, what would we find if people didn’t keep dropping things and having their jewelry fall off in the water. The scouts seem to be very good at that.

Thanks to all for the replies, stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread