turtlefoot13
Hero Member
- Joined
- Aug 23, 2009
- Messages
- 733
- Reaction score
- 105
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- The Ozarks, Missouri
- Detector(s) used
- Teknetics Alpha 2000
- Primary Interest:
- Relic Hunting
Hi All,
This is my first button question. I am not a button collector, but I do like railroad items. I couldn't pass this up. I was told it was a Railroad "Agent" button. I bought it with the suspicion that agent buttons were a fantasy piece. Looking online I have found a couple that are similar. It there any way to tell if this is a repro or the real thing? If real, when would it date. It is not dug. It came from a sale that contained collectibles ranging from the mid 1800's-modern NASCAR items. Other items in this sale were, vintage images, antique glass, silver American coins, foreign coins (I bought four) and much more. The button is in good shape but is not a glowingly bright as the first pic depicts. The back pics are more accurate. Thanks for all of the help. I forgot a size reference. It is between 14-15 mm in size.
Doug
This is my first button question. I am not a button collector, but I do like railroad items. I couldn't pass this up. I was told it was a Railroad "Agent" button. I bought it with the suspicion that agent buttons were a fantasy piece. Looking online I have found a couple that are similar. It there any way to tell if this is a repro or the real thing? If real, when would it date. It is not dug. It came from a sale that contained collectibles ranging from the mid 1800's-modern NASCAR items. Other items in this sale were, vintage images, antique glass, silver American coins, foreign coins (I bought four) and much more. The button is in good shape but is not a glowingly bright as the first pic depicts. The back pics are more accurate. Thanks for all of the help. I forgot a size reference. It is between 14-15 mm in size.
Doug








