What's new

Scovills Button?

foundation hunter

Full Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2009
Messages
193
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Terryville
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Could someone tell me the value of this button,Scovills Waterbury 1 piece button.
Thanks Gary
 

Attachments

  • 2005_1026Image0003.webp
    2005_1026Image0003.webp
    36.9 KB · Views: 279
  • infantry 013.webp
    infantry 013.webp
    32.3 KB · Views: 278
  • 2005_1026Image0003.webp
    2005_1026Image0003.webp
    36.9 KB · Views: 266
  • infantry 013.webp
    infantry 013.webp
    32.3 KB · Views: 265
It'a an early button dating from 1827-1840. As to value I don't have a clue. According to "Albert's" book it has a relative value of 5. That is a low number so it is not a rare find. But, it is a nice find. I have been MDing for over 35 years and have never found a one piece military button.
 
Upvote 0
I'll offer £5 with postage
 
Upvote 0
If you watch pre civil war E-Bay,they come up quite often ranging from $40-$75.Nice!!
 
Upvote 0
I don't know the value but it's a nice find, congratulations.
I was born in Waterbury and lived all my life about three miles from
the huge Scovills mfg. Facility (now a mall), almost everyone on my
fathers side of the family worked at Scovills from the early 1900s till
it closed.

Joe
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom