scrap alkaline batteries???

hobo finds

Mar 15, 2010
I have wondered if i should just mix them with my scrap steel as they will not take them with the household hazardous waste program by me. Said to throw them in the trash!

OP
OP
DemonWolfe

DemonWolfe

Apr 11, 2008
Russell KS.
thats what i would do, they just get thrown away otherwise, still, i wonder if there is actually some kind of value to them, doubt it not much to them. maybe someone on here has an answer, the lithium batteries i can see, but the regular batteries that have been around for over 100 years, harder to see value in them, ill keep an eye on the item on ebay and see if it sells.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DemonWolfe said:
i wonder if there is actually some kind of value to them, doubt it not much to them. maybe someone on here has an answer, the lithium batteries i can see,
I have a buyer for lith-ion batteries. He pays $1 pound and picks up the freight. This is just a side bonus. He buys every cellphone I can ship (-battery) at $4 lb (and pays the freight too)

sold him over 1000 phones last month.

OP
OP
DemonWolfe

DemonWolfe

Apr 11, 2008
Russell KS.
by the way, where on earth do you collect that many phones from, i know most people just throw them away, but thats alot of phones, about how many pounds does that 1000 phones come out to be minus the batteries of course?

OP
OP
DemonWolfe

DemonWolfe

Apr 11, 2008
Russell KS.
just realized that he wants over 80 dollars just for shipping!!! he must really think that someone wants all those old batteries. if most of them were lithium batteries, i could see a bid or two, but judging from the picture thats not the case.

OP
OP
DemonWolfe

DemonWolfe

Apr 11, 2008
Russell KS.
Seen a thousand and some pounds of scrap cell phone batteries on ebay for sale price was 2 dollars a pound for them. That's a lot of batteries! Wish I could find that many

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread