What's new

Scraper Day

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I thought I found another triangle but after looking I believe its a scraper Im just holding it upside down. Went out today and found all scrapers not 1 single point. Cant find them sitting on the couch got to go look. HH, rock
 

Attachments

  • SDC10436.webp
    SDC10436.webp
    479.8 KB · Views: 141
Upvote 0
I have gone out at times and found nothing. Thanks for sharing.
 
At least you found those and as always the material is real nice, did you find pottery too? It's been barren here other than a couple of shards and more snakes than normal but so far just baby snakes and not poisonous. The yard and gardens keeping me busy but got a long weekend coming up so maybe will get more creek time in. HH
 
Like Americus said I have found a lot less and walked my tail off.:BangHead:Good finds Rock:thumbsup:
 
At least you found those and as always the material is real nice, did you find pottery too? It's been barren here other than a couple of shards and more snakes than normal but so far just baby snakes and not poisonous. The yard and gardens keeping me busy but got a long weekend coming up so maybe will get more creek time in. HH

I didn't but my friend found a nice piece that would of made my frame if I had found it. He also found a rare coke bottle worth $400. He thought it was trash I told him anything marked coke was worth saving. I looked it up for him and he was excited after that.
 
A scraper day is way better than a nothing-all-day, not to mention some of the prettiest chert I've ever seen or found was made into a scraper, and I've seen some really nice colored ones in this forum!
At any rate scrapers beat " skunked"
 
A scraper day is way better than a nothing-all-day, not to mention some of the prettiest chert I've ever seen or found was made into a scraper, and I've seen some really nice colored ones in this forum!
At any rate scrapers beat " skunked"

I agree on that. Ive had my no find days plenty. I like tools so it wasn't a let down to find scrapers. I found some quartz ones to but didn't post them. Thanks Mark
 
A scraper day is way better than a nothing-all-day, not to mention some of the prettiest chert I've ever seen or found was made into a scraper, and I've seen some really nice colored ones in this forum!
At any rate scrapers beat " skunked"

Dunno .... looks like he barely scraped by.


(^___^)

--Guy
 
Scrapers aren't bad, the quartz ones are nice also.
 
Scrapers aren't bad, the quartz ones are nice also.

Yes the quartz ones aren't very photogenic though hard to see the work on those.
 
Nice boss we don't win every battle lol
 
Hey, a day with nothing but flake waste is even worse and I've had plenty of those lately. After the bum luck I've had, I'd love to find a scraper or anything else worth posting a picture of. Keep up the hunt and you'll find another point soon, I'm sure. :)
 
Not too bad, better luck next time. :dontknow:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom