What's new

Scraper? Found in Maine

echamp6165

Tenderfoot
Joined
Aug 24, 2008
Messages
3
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maine
I dug this out of a colonial site I've been metal detecting and it stood out as unnatural when I saw it in the dirt pile. It measures only 1 inch by 1.5 inches, but the rounded edge looks worked to me and one edge looks broken as if it was a longer piece. What do you think?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2413.webp
    IMG_2413.webp
    18.5 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_2414.webp
    IMG_2414.webp
    14.6 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_2415.webp
    IMG_2415.webp
    20.6 KB · Views: 132
Upvote 0
It looks like a small broken hoe or a type of celt. It's an artifact.:thumbsup: Welcome to T-net:hello:
 
It looks like a small broken hoe or a type of celt. It's an artifact.:thumbsup: Welcome to T-net:hello:

jmo but I was thinking preform due to the size being small.
 
The first pic makes it look thicker than the other tepId say to small for a hoe....maybe a stemmed scraper...possibly a preform..mjm
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom