What's new

✅ SOLVED Scratching my head. Any ideas before I clean more?

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2014
Messages
1,726
Reaction score
2,893
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks, I just dug this pin in Western Tennessee this morning, about 1" wide. Anyone recognize it? I am about to try to clean up some more but might lose more detail. Figured I would ask here first.
20221213_124103.jpg
20221213_124054.jpg
20221213_124525.jpg
 
Last edited:
I just found this one with a man that looks very much like the image on your piece. It is an ad from Harper's Weekly in 1872.
I think you nailed it!! The pic is the same as you say. Great Job!!
 
Upvote 0
It does look like "patent" as well.

Where are the cleaned pics ? ? ?
 
Upvote 0
School crossing guard badge or school safety patrol badge....
AAA used to give out similar to the schools. They evolved into junky stamped tin badges on plastic straps. There were a couple "auto clubs" that were on the east coast that've sponsored safety programs. AAA used to have a chart showing all the crossing guard paraphenalia but along with unlimited towing it's just a memory.

My other thought is cowboy movie star give away from a radio show.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom