SE Pro

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
Well I just picked me one up today. I'm going from an Ace250 to this. I guess my plans are to just run flat out first. No discrimination. Just dig and get used to the signals. Then go further. I was told it was a good relic detector. So digging anything would still apply. Any advice would be appreciated.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm also new to the explorer. I run an open screen. The best advice I can give is keep a steady threshold and go slow. I first tried running with sensitivity to high. Sometimes to get steady threshold I've had to run sensitivity at 8 and still dig coins at 7 to 8 inches. Hope this helps.

brokenarrow

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio,Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you dig every signal the explorer gives you, you are going to be VERY busy!! set it to factory coin setting, make very little or no adjustments and take it slow..........S...L...O...W....
Get used to coin signals as well as common trash signals and iron. :icon_thumright:
hey... where in the lone star state are you?

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well..... That idea probably does look good on paper. :)

OP
OP
nyiangelo

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
I think my ears are bleeding from all the beeping. :wink: If I didn't already read the reviews about it taking time I would have snapped it over my knee by now. It's just in opposite worlds from the Ace250 as far as bell tones and screen display. I no longer have the handicap of being able to look at the screen. I know I can with this one but I still have to memorize certain areas. In time.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nyiangelo said:
I think my ears are bleeding from all the beeping. :wink: If I didn't already read the reviews about it taking time I would have snapped it over my knee by now. It's just in opposite worlds from the Ace250 as far as bell tones and screen display. I no longer have the handicap of being able to look at the screen. I know I can with this one but I still have to memorize certain areas. In time.

You need to do a factory reset, maybe 'slighty' tweek a few things mostly just to make yourself feel a little better, then learn what you're doing. What you did was the equivalent of a high-speed chase on a busy freeway. (always ends in a crash)

OP
OP
nyiangelo

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
I've just been running factory settings. I have to say this blows my old ACE250 way out of the water. :blob8: The discrimination is the biggest factor. I'm finding stuff that I've walked over 100 times due to it being to trashy. So far in a week of owning it I've found 3 shield nickels, 1859 Indian, 1854 dime, 1876 quarter, 1830 ish quarter, and a 1859 half. Not to mention the buttons and other relics. It has made a huge first impression on me so far.

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
nyiangelo said:
I've just been running factory settings. I have to say this blows my old ACE250 way out of the water. :blob8: The discrimination is the biggest factor. I'm finding stuff that I've walked over 100 times due to it being to trashy. So far in a week of owning it I've found 3 shield nickels, 1859 Indian, 1854 dime, 1876 quarter, 1830 ish quarter, and a 1859 half. Not to mention the buttons and other relics. It has made a huge first impression on me so far.

I need to bring my SE up and hunt with you. Mine has not wow'd me in such a way yet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread