What's new

Sea Glass Indian Artifact? Perhaps even a Garnet?

NKbrown

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jan 12, 2021
Messages
1
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All!

New today as a excited member but usually a weekly reader!

My husband and I are leisure artifact hunters (not so much finders :laughing7:) and stumbled upon these today in an area of what seams to be a "campground and/or quarry site" covered with chert and flint.

I have below the pictures of what we found with a few notations under some of them.

Thank you all so much for your future help!

20210112_202246.webp
The the 3 very light blue tint pieces are all roughly 1cm thick and they don't taste salty, they don't stick to the tongue, they don't float and they do scratch a penny. These 3 also seems to have knapping on the edges.

20210112_203139.webp
I took a picture quickly of just these 3 when they were wet so if you need a better picture please let me know.

20210112_202332.webp
Could this be a garnet?

20210112_203957.webp

20210112_203839.webp
The top left photo in this particular collage hopefully shows the iridescence at the point

20210112_203741.webp
 
Interesting items. It will help with identification if you can give us the general area where they were found. You can add that to your " profile, " too.
 
Upvote 0
Pix. #2, I'm going with sea glass
 
Upvote 0
I can't put my "finger" on it but I feel oddly offended when I look at this one.

fing.webp
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom