What's new

sea hunter question

digging41

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2008
Messages
39
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Just bought a new seahunter. While assembling the shaft found that there is excess play at the armcuff and the joints when in the long shaft configuration. Is there a trick to getting the joints tighter so they will not move as you swing the detector. ???
 
Upvote 0
Go to the hardware store ,buy you some stainless nylon nut and bolts washers too put it back together and it win't shack any more.
 
Thanks Ron Lord, will give that a try the nylon ones supplied are just not cuting the mustard.
 
Also, make sure the o-ring is on the white tube that joins the two pieces of the shaft together. I know when I assembled mine together the first time someone had taken it off and left it in the bag of bolts. It would swing with the wind.

It's an excellent, deep going detector.

HH
 
Great detector albeit a little short in the staff dept.
Hate to say it but get an Andersen Shaft, or you'll be cussing a bit.
 
JP and coin diver thanks for replying.The O ring is definitely on there but I may take your advice and look at getting another shaft if I cant get it tight. Haven't had a chance to use it but other than the shaft it seems really well built.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom