Searching in the Hot Sun Leads to 2 More Civil War Bullets!

springsnrings

Apr 24, 2013
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Civil War relics keep piling up at this site I keep going to. So far,I've found 4 bullets,an Infantry button,a variety of round balls,a 2 flat buttons,and a medical surgery tool. It was like 90 degrees yesterday and was miserable but,I decided to see if I could search an area of the field I found my previous finds in that I hadn't searched before. So,I decided to go out a bit to the right instead of the left. The sun was blazing and the heat was really getting to me. But,I believe it was worth it. After a while,I uncovered 2 bullets. :) One of them looks like it was made out on the field and the other looks like a pistol round and is grey. I found that kind of strange because most of the Civil stuff I find have gained a white patina and I wondered why this one stayed grey. I wondered if it could be modern but,the grooves have no reeds and suggest otherwise but,I can't find a bullet that looks exactly like it so,if anyone has any info on what it could be,I would greatly appreciate it. It's the last grey bullet in the 2nd picture. All of the stuff pictured is everything I've found from one site so far. There's a 2 piece button in the picture that's kind of unrelated but,I had in the shot when the picture was taken. LOL I'm gonna go out later today and see if I can find anything else. It's gonna be hot again today,up close to the 90s... :/ Civil Stuff 2.JPG Civil Stuff 3.JPG Civil Stuff.JPG

Upvote 1

cwhunter_1

Feb 2, 2009
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab se pro, white oldy, tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to see someone finding good areas around here to hunt. The gray bullet does look modern. Clean that area out, even in 95 degree temps.

OP
OP
springsnrings

springsnrings

Apr 24, 2013
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to see someone finding good areas around here to hunt. The gray bullet does look modern. Clean that area out, even in 95 degree temps.

Thanks,cwhunter_1! :) I was pretty sure that the bullet was a modern pistol round but the presence of a groove with no reeds kind of threw me off since most of them I've found had reeds in them. Are there several bullets like that that aren't Civil era? I'm not much of a bullet expert as you can tell. :/ I've been working the farmland out little at a time. There are 2 gigantic hills and a lot of ground to cover. But,here lately,I've had to take a lot of water. :/

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread