Season finale of Superstition Mountains show....

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rick,

You're very welcome. Like I have said to other posters in different threads "Attitude is important and a little humility goes a long a long way".

I also would like to tell you that you are doing the exact right thing. There are many people that have held certain personal beliefs about the LDM for twenty or thirty years based on what they read back then. Even in just the last ten years, we have learned so much more about the subject. As people die off, and research materials they kept secret come to light. The internet allows information that was formerly only known to a few people to be somewhat easily found (if you know where to look). To this day, people still believe that "Waltz' gold came from him highgrading ore from the Vulture Mine where he worked as a watchman." We have found interviews with Joe Porterie (who had been the Chief Assayer at the Vulture Mine) who says that Waltz' Candlebox Ore was nothing like the ore that came out of the Vulture. We also have many of the records of the Vulture Mine, and Waltz has never been proven to have EVER worked IN ANY CAPACITY at the Vulture.

Mike

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Here's an interesting thought.......Seems to me that one of the things (supposedly) said by Waltz, was "You can't find the mine without finding the cache". Perhaps he was trying to say they were the same thing. This could be the cache room, which is found at the end of the Pit Mine. Here is that perfect place:

Assuming the miners working the area took all of the best gold ore and stashed it......somewhere. Only thing missing is a sign above the vault room saying.....Bank of Waltz.:tchest:

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wonder why no one has floated the theory that the LDM is now underwater since the advent of Apache Lake... You know, if it ever existed at all. I still say the Dutchman's gold all came from the Weaver and Bradshaw mountains.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's an interesting thought.......Seems to me that one of the things (supposedly) said by Waltz, was "You can't find the mine without finding the cache". Perhaps he was trying to say they were the same thing. This could be the cache room, which is found at the end of the Pit Mine. Here is that perfect place:

Assuming the miners working the area took all of the best gold ore and stashed it......somewhere. Only thing missing is a sign above the vault room saying.....Bank of Waltz.:tchest:

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Personally I think the same cave he spent the night in running away from the Apache was the same cave he ended up in after running into the Spanish Miners.

It seems they were close to each other. That picture you posted looks like an Audit someone dug to access a vein in the back of it.

And if it's true that is the cave than the stash has been gone a long time.

Looks good though nice photo!

Any proof the pit mine was excavated at any time in the past? Does the cave or Audit face North like the old geezer said it was?

What is the history of the pit mine and the Audit wasn't it found more recently or long ago?

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Personally I think the same cave he spent the night in running away from the Apache was the same cave he ended up in after running into the Spanish Miners.

It seems they were close to each other. That picture you posted looks like an Audit someone dug to access a vein in the back of it.

And if it's true that is the cave than the stash has been gone a long time.

Looks good though nice photo!

Any proof the pit mine was excavated at any time in the past? Does the cave or Audit face North like the old geezer said it was?

What is the history of the pit mine and the Audit wasn't it found more recently or long ago?

All of the information you seek can be found here:

(deleted by mod for rule violation)

Joe Ribaudo

Last edited by a moderator:

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of the information you seek can be found here:

(deleted by mod for rule violation)

Joe Ribaudo

That's against the rules Joe you should know that.
No outside links to other forums.

Just a reminder.

But thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe,

You can't take one thing that Waltz said and disregard everything else (if ANY of that is true anyway). Not only did Waltz say that you can't find his mine without knowing where the cache was and vice versa, but he also was very specific in separating the mine from his cache in speaking to Rhiney. I don't say its impossible, but I highly doubt it.

Mike

azblackbird

Sep 27, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LDM was found back in the 30's. Could there still be hidden caches of rich ore in those hills? I'd say that's a distinct possibility.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe,

You can't take one thing that Waltz said and disregard everything else (if ANY of that is true anyway). Not only did Waltz say that you can't find his mine without knowing where the cache was and vice versa, but he also was very specific in separating the mine from his cache in speaking to Rhiney. I don't say its impossible, but I highly doubt it.

Mike

Gollum, please read the section on Latest Developments and Discoveries I wrote and the codes on the stones will all be more clear as to who was creating what for what reason, and where these magical locations were that Waltz was collecting his gold from.......both in plate and in ore

Beale ciphers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Waltz said this about his mines because he was referring to the hidden troves in Virginia, and the measurements derived from his and Reavis's coded info in the Beale Cyphers shows you how to get to the mines in Arizona from Virginia, and vice versa......the info was delivered by an Agent, J B Ward....AKA Jacob Waltz himself, which brought the full solve together after both the troves were laid in their locations,

and the 30 men were killed and buried in the desert, placing the stones in a few places to make it seem they fled from Apache attack, while Waltz delivered the final notes telling them to wait for their return for ten years.....so reavis and the others could escape the law.....

PM me for more info

azblackbird

Sep 27, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In the 30's, you say? Who found it?
Somebody who knew geology and knew how to pocket mine. Forget the maps, myths, and legends. Do your research on claim histories, geology, and the assay and smelting reports and you'll have your answers. You'll discover the area just wasn't that productive when compared to other mining districts in AZ. Put it this way... you definitely won't find me prospecting on that side of town. I'll be staying in the Bradshaws where there's still plenty of gold and silver to be found, at least for an individual anyways.

copperpot

Mar 17, 2015
Mesa, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somebody who knew geology and knew how to pocket mine. Forget the maps, myths, and legends. Do your research on claim histories, geology, and the assay and smelting reports and you'll have your answers. You'll discover the area just wasn't that productive when compared to other mining districts in AZ. Put it this way... you definitely won't find me prospecting on that side of town. I'll be staying in the Bradshaws where there's still plenty of gold and silver to be found, at least for an individual anyways.

Much thanks for the feedback and reply!

Yeah, I do have info on the LDM being discovered. But it is much later than in the 30's. But I will continue to research and review, as the topic is very interesting, especially since it is right here in AZ.

Do you currently find a lot of gold prospecting in the Bradshaws?

take care.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a single speck.:crybaby2:

Are you not finding or not prospecting? Hell, I can pan a few bags of Home Depot Sand and get a color or two. HAHAHA

Mike

azblackbird

Sep 27, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Where are the best places in AZ to prospect?
For me it's the Bradshaws. There are literally 100's of thousands of acres of good gold bearing ground here in AZ that's open to prospect. You just have to decide what areas interest you the most, do your research, and then get your boots on the ground and hit the washes and the hills.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread