BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all.

Saturday I didn’t have any new places to hunt so I went to an area I’ve been to around 10 times. It’s a wooded area close to a high school that was built in the 20’s. I have found a couple wheat cents there but no other old coins. As I was going down the path in the woods I noticed there had been an area cleared out to do some utility work.

oJrQaHa.jpg

As I was making my first pass down where a path had originally went, I got a solid signal and when I popped the dirt I saw some shiny. My first thought was, I really hope this isn’t a bazinga.

w8V1tcW.jpg

8JPbq53.jpg

When I popped it from the clod it appeared to be a seated, but I couldn’t tell for sure, so I took it down to the creek to wash it off. Turned out to be an 1855 seated half dime. It’s funny that I have only found 2 seated coins and they were both 1855 half dimes. While this one is not in great shape, it’s in MUCH better shape than the last one.

U3SbIQA.jpg

1ZhUS13.jpg

Two weeks ago I was at a 1940’s house and found the silver Roosevelt, 1917 Merc and the Franklin half. Also found the Ford token from 1934. Sorry, I didn’t take any in situ pics.

6R0t2UR.jpg

I posted this in the Native American section when I found it, but never got around to posting it here. The consensus was it’s a hand chopper. I found it in a local park in a washed out area.

Edf9bGl.jpg

FzlueSX.jpg

YA9EkDu.jpg

kyIkgpu.jpg

Thanks for looking. Good luck and happy hunting.

Upvote 28

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on that half dime.

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW! Just WOW!!! Congrats!

Silver Saver

Mar 15, 2017
Center of North America
Detector(s) used
Etrac- Sunray x5, x8, x12. Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a sweet token! And I got the thrill just seeing that silver in the clump like that :) Awesome that you found a half dime! Congrats

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to jump on that construction spot. Always a good chance for some deep targets getting stirred up. Wonderful seated half dime. Still searching for my first one.:icon_thumright:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your Half Dime, and that Native American piece. Those are both great finds.

Jaysix

Dec 14, 2016
Portage, pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac (current)
Garrett At Pro (previous)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome token. I found one of those this year as well.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I have NO seated coins, you are killing me Bill!

And a Franklin half?

Please note my avatar, it's a '33 Ford! Same as on that token. Did I mention that you are killing me?

Wow man, you are rocking it.

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice - and good work on picking up on the opportunity! That seated half dime is in excellent shape - be proud! Congrats on all the great finds! :occasion14:

OP
OP
BladeRunner2019

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone. I still can’t fathom why that half dime would be there. Maybe there were some old houses up on the hill before the high school was built in 1926. There is a lot of English ivy in the woods so maybe there was a home or two there in the 1800s.

Awesome token. I found one of those this year as well.

Thanks! It appears someone shot this one with a .22 or something. It was dented pretty badly. I put it between 2 pieces of wood and hammered it out best I could.

I have NO seated coins, you are killing me Bill!

And a Franklin half?

Please note my avatar, it's a '33 Ford! Same as on that token. Did I mention that you are killing me?

Wow man, you are rocking it.

Thank you kind sir! You may not have a seated but I seem to remember a BEAUTIFUL Capped Bust dime, (half dime?) you found earlier this year. Capped Bust > Seated. Heck, I’m still looking for my first Standing Liberty Quarter.

I believe that Ford token was issued for the 1934 Worlds Fair. I wish it was in better shape. Being you’re a Ford man and have a 33, if you want it, it’s yours.

Here’s what one looks like in good condition.

kg6j9QP.jpg
f7qdpeO.jpg

Thanks again to everyone who responded.

GL and HH

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You've got some pretty sweet finds there- that half-dime is awesome- Congrats!

-- Jeff --

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sure love the half dime, congratulations!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice catch on the half dime, liking the ford medal as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread