What's new

Seated Quarter

hunting deer

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2010
Messages
565
Reaction score
1,305
Golden Thread
0
Location
West central Indiana.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max and Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was on my way to work and noticed the city had leveled a house on the main street in town. It was a corner lot on the edge of the historic section. I headed straight over there after work with high hopes of finding something good. Fill dirt had been added so I decided to work the edge where the next lot feathered in. I got a strong high tone and wasn't expecting much when I flipped up an 1860 seated quarter! Its my third seated quarter in my six years of detecting but by far the nicest. Hunted till dark and got an 1890 indian and that was it. Good Hunting! 100_18101_zps2940oach.webp100_18111_zps2n04e3as.webp100_18091_zpsd4mmjrkf.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 44
Nice seated beauty
 
Those seated quarters are always great finds.
 
Good 1......Congrats.
 
Ahhhhh Yes!!!!!!!!

Beautiful quarter 100%. A+

By chance, the only seated quarter I have ever found was an 1860. It's the coin in my profile pic/avatar below my name.

You'll never forget that hunt... ever.

Hopefully you can go back before it's all covered up!
 
Those seated quarters are always great finds.

I would love to agree with you but as far as I'm concerned, seated coins don't really exist and you are all messing with me. Photoshops! All of 'em!

Congrats on an AMAZING save, hunting deer!
 
That's a beaut!! Congrats!
 
great addition to any collection! Good job!!!!!
 
Is there a mint mark below the eagle? If it's an "S" you've got a really great one. If not, still an awesome find. Congrats!
 
beautiful coin! I've only found two seated quarters in my day. And not as good as yours
 
Sweet seated, congrats! I live in Canada, but I'm really hoping for a Seated quarter some day.
 
Killer find my man!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom