Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I helped my buddy with a job out of state yesterday and we did some research to find some spots to detect on the way back home. I found a couple of spots and he did too. The job took longer than expected so we had very little time to hunt. We decide on one of his spots that had an old school on it at one time. We didn't get to the site until a little after 4 and quickly jumped into hunting. We both mad a line to the back of the property where we though the old coins may be. We both dug wheaties and then he got a Merc. Soon after I got a great signal down about 6". I popped a deep plug, scooped the loose soil out of the bottom of the hole and could see a silver dime in the dirt. I picked it up and was looking at the back and said "Alright got me a Barber" but that quickly changed when I flipped it over and the dirt fell off the front to reveal the awesome site of this Seated Dime! I jumped up and yelled like I was on fire! Micah came over saying "Did you just dug another one!" I couldn't believe it. The last coin I dug on Saturday was an 1890 Seated Dime and two days later my first silver is this Seated! I had set it down in the dirt as I was happy dancing and didn't even check out the date. Micah said "it's 1870's" I was so excited to see 1876, I've been wanting to dig a centennial coin. I couldn't hardly focus after that, but some how dug a Merc. Then Micah yelled to me a said he had something good and it was deep! I ran over there and could see he had a silver quarter sitting there in the dirt. By now its dark and we had our phones light trying to make out what he had, and it was a nice SLQ! I dug one more wheatie and he got another Merc but we had to get home. Needless to say that part of the ride home went by quickly as we talked about this hour and a half hunt that we pullled 5 silver from! We didn't cover an 1/8 of the property so we will be planning a road trip back soon. When we got back to his shop we told our detecting adventure to Micah's brother Thad. As I was showing him the Seated dime I saw a mint mark and said "hey it's from New Orleans" but that changed when I saw two letters instead of one. That's when I excitedly said "I think I got a C.C!" I slowly lifted the dirt with my wet finger to see that Carson City mint mark! My first and has been on my to find list for a while now! It's crazy how exciting this hobby is and how it never gets old. The thrill of the find that keeps you going out for more. HH Dave

1876 CC Seated Dime (1).JPG 1876 CC Seated Dime (3).jpg
1876 CC Seated Dime (2).jpg 1876 CC Seated Dime (4).jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 27

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
That is just awesome. I have NO seated coins, so those things look like they are from Mars to me.

Congrats on two really sweet coins... a CC at that. GL&HH!

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck yeah! your'e on a roll! Congrats

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is just awesome. I have NO seated coins, so those things look like they are from Mars to me.

Congrats on two really sweet coins... a CC at that. GL&HH!

Thanks! Yeah they have an awesome design that's from the 1830's when they were first designed. I hope you get one soon!

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good Job!!.......Seated Surprise X 2......just don't get any better.....and a "CC" to boot.....NICE!!......Good Luck and keep digging.
Please keep us posted on your future finds back to that "giving" site.

Happy Hunting to ALL
Bill

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Job!!.......Seated Surprise X 2......just don't get any better.....and a "CC" to boot.....NICE!!......Good Luck and keep digging.
Please keep us posted on your future finds back to that "giving" site.

Happy Hunting to ALL
Bill

Thanks Bill! If it turns up some more nice keepers I will be sure to post it!

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one's!That 1890 is in beautiful shape

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SUper Schweet

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
beautiful coins, those ladies sitting down but at this point the only ones I have ever seen belonged to someone else... maybe someday

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice cc seated dime. That one is on my want list. Congrats

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome job, I think i would have to call off of work and make a road trip for a long weekend hunt... Can't wait to see what you find when you go back

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sooper Dave , Those are both some beautiful coins ! I'd love to see Micah's SLQ too - I'm still looking forward to my first Seated
coin of any kind ! The good news is - it sounds like you have ongoing access to this property !!!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job Dave! You are KILLING it buddy. I love it

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I love that cc seated!, I dug a plain seated early this past spring, I'll never forget that feeling, was amazing!!

Congrats to u sir!!

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome job, I think i would have to call off of work and make a road trip for a long weekend hunt... Can't wait to see what you find when you go back

Thanks, and yes it was hard to even leave from this spot only covering a small part of it. I sure hope it has many more hidden goodies to find.

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I love that cc seated!, I dug a plain seated early this past spring, I'll never forget that feeling, was amazing!!

Congrats to u sir!!

Thanks! It's an incredible rush to find these little silver coins for sure!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread