What's new

Sebastian?

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2008
Messages
1,071
Reaction score
732
Golden Thread
0
Location
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thinking about hitting the Sebastian area on Saturday? Can anyone give me any advice about hunting there and if it is still from the shoreline to the dunes?
 
Upvote 0
NO HUNTING ALLOWED IN THE WATER
 
As Casper said - Stay out of water... and off private land... the only public area is beach sand from toe of dune to surf.
 
Oh and P.S> for all of you thinking as you are walking and no one is around about "sneaking in"... Many of the multi million dollar homes located directly on the water in front of areas known to contain artifacts are owned by well informed individuals who will call it in ... there are people watching everywhere... not paranoid... the truth.
Stay out of water in areas that are inside "rights zones" . and good luck !!!
 
Thanks for the info I was thinking of going there myself
 
Its way cool there. Check out long point camping grounds. You beach your boat right next to your tent. Now thats Florida camping

sponge using smoke signals.
 
I always stayed at the state park at inlet... I have almost 60 foot rig... can they accomadate that size?
(RV & boat)
 
NO HUNTING ALLOWED IN THE WATER

Casper - That is such a strange notion to me. I have read so many different laws, and everyone claims the water is not or can not be "owned " by anyone. Therefore, it is tough to make a law stating you can't detect in it? I understand people owning land up to the water and you can't trespass on their land. That's why I usually go in by boat - I can detect anywhere by boat. Actually here in Minnesota, you can put out a lake dock in the water, though anyone can use it, because it is on public property "the water".
 
The water is not owned but the salvaging rights have been leased to individual companies like Mel Fisher and that's why you can't hunt in the water in areas along Florida's treasure coast...at least that's my understanding of it and I live here.
 
Casper - That is such a strange notion to me. I have read so many different laws, and everyone claims the water is not or can not be "owned " by anyone. Therefore, it is tough to make a law stating you can't detect in it? I understand people owning land up to the water and you can't trespass on their land. That's why I usually go in by boat - I can detect anywhere by boat. Actually here in Minnesota, you can put out a lake dock in the water, though anyone can use it, because it is on public property "the water".
You better believe it, it is the law and on the treasure coast it is enforced. They can legally confiscate your equipment including your boat and or vehicle if they want to get nasty.

Treasure coast is different than any where else in Florida when it comes to detecting Florida beaches because of the 1715 Treasure fleet that sank off shore.

It costs 10s of thousands of dollars a year for a treasure lease to have the right to hunt in the water, the State of Florida gets a percentage of everything found.
 
Last edited:
SO if I understand it correctly, I'm ok from the edge of the water to the bottom of the dunes? As long as I stay out of the water and don't go into anyone's yard? How about parking?
 
Yes you got it. Just park legal

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 
ok everyone thanks
 
Hey S.C. Don't know if you have been here and gone already but be advised...beaches south of the Inlet do get locked down at Sunset. That means the parking lots at Ambersands, Treasure Shores, Golden Sands, Wabasso, and Turtle Trail, etc. all have gates that gets locked down by police at sunset (and they have locked vehicles in on occasion). So watch your time. Also no lights are allowed on the beach at night until November 1 due to turtle nesting season (May -Oct 31). I think you may be allowed a red covered lens on a flashlight but no LED or regular flashlights are allowed. :)
 
Don't dig on the walls of the dunes/slopes either. Have fun! :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom