Second Hunt At Park Nets A Nice Sterling Ring

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went back to the small park I hunted previously for two hours and dug 37 coins worth $4.56, an Ikea key, a buffalo nickel (the wrong kind) LOL, and a nice looking 5.24 gram sterling ring. The ring has some markings on the inside I'm not familiar with.....6 small stars. Under a high powered glass, the remains of the word "sterling" are just barely visible. If anyone knows what they mean let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_1613.JPG
    IMG_1613.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1611.JPG
    IMG_1611.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1612.JPG
    IMG_1612.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 48
Upvote 19

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to the small park I hunted previously for two hours and dug 37 coins worth $4.56, an Ikea key, a buffalo nickel (the wrong kind) LOL, and a nice looking 5.24 gram sterling ring. The ring has some markings on the inside I'm not familiar with.....6 small stars. Under a high powered glass, the remains of the word "sterling" are just barely visible. If anyone knows what they mean let me know.
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul. The Sterling ring is definitely a keeper. Congrats!

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet looking ring. Not sure what the six stars mean though.
Thanks.....the stars are a mystery to me. I've never seen them in any ring I've ever found.

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome ring! Congrats! I like the Ikea key too!
Thanks Len.....I tried to find info about the key but wasn't able to. When I first saw the key in the hole the end was sticking up and I thought I'd found an old skeleton key. No such luck though.

Hat-trick

Oct 23, 2022
I went back to the small park I hunted previously for two hours and dug 37 coins worth $4.56, an Ikea key, a buffalo nickel (the wrong kind) LOL, and a nice looking 5.24 gram sterling ring. The ring has some markings on the inside I'm not familiar with.....6 small stars. Under a high powered glass, the remains of the word "sterling" are just barely visible. If anyone knows what they mean let me know
Thanks Len.....I tried to find info about the key but wasn't able to. When I first saw the key in the hole the end was sticking up and I thought I'd found an old skeleton key. No such luck though.
Hi, neat ring. I’m guessing it was handmade, and quite important to the person that lost it. Those stars on the inside are the BIG DIPPER. The Big Dipper is sometimes considered a persons “lucky stars” . Also the Big Dipper always points North, so it’s a valuable sky sign for navigation. Can be used as a metaphor for life as well. Enjoy the find!

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a very unique ring, congrats!
If the stars are supposed to represent a constellation rather than a hallmark, I would guess Canis Major, the dog constellation, just because of the theme of the design. Just a guess.

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a very unique ring, congrats!
If the stars are supposed to represent a constellation rather than a hallmark, I would guess Canis Major, the dog constellation, just because of the theme of the design. Just a guess.
Thanks......I looked at it to see if the stars represented a constellation but couldn't figure out if it did.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread