Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well after Grinding and Sandblasting some finds from the Watermelon Patch I asked Uncle Cletus why the relics were so encrusted and difficult to[ clean. Well Cleatus explained its the same reason he was able to purchase the land for $18.19/an acre and his melons grow so Big. Well it seems the Government built a Zillion dollar Experimental Concrete Plant. Well one day they ran out of water and left a message with Uncle Cletus 98 year old mom. Well being hard of hearing she told Cletus the Govment boys wanted to buy a tankerload of his Sweet Water. Well Cletus thought it was strange but being a Secret Plant they paid in cash so he delivered it. Well Everybody knows Concrete and Moonshine don't mix and the Explosion was heard all the way to Savannah and covered 700 acres in concrete mix. Well after a lengthy 3 day investigation the Government sold Cletus the land cheap. Don't know if I believe his story but 2 things are true. These are the Hardest encrusted relics I've ever seen and Uncle Cletus grows the Biggest melons around
IMG_20160204_115128604.jpg IMG_20160204_115920.jpg IMG_20160203_090024.jpg IMG_20160203_083244.jpg IMG_20160203_110321.jpg IMG_20160203_110031446.jpg
The Georgia Tech pin is Sterling The button of man is silver plated The silhouette of the man is a little over an inch tall and was encrusted in a round blob that I though was a button or a coin. The lead bar is couple inches long and has some strange markings.

Last edited:
Upvote 17

P@tch

Apr 9, 2013
mooresville,nc
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer 2, etrac, deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Concrete? Interesting. .and only $18.19 an acre

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Concrete? Interesting. .and only $18.19 an acre

Well you meet him you tell me. Said You welcome back Anytime. Said you only person that has beat him in horseshoes in 23 years

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a hellava story!! Unc sounds like a hoot.. Keep'em comin..

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a hellava story!! Unc sounds like a hoot.. Keep'em comin..

Well thanks fishstick. I just called Uncle Cletus to see if me and Todd could come down this weekend. We didn't want to bother him if he was gonna watch the Super Bowl. He said he always watched his Soup and Bowl cause his dang younings are always sticking there fangers in it. He said come on down he could use the extra help keeping an eye on Darlene now that she's given up on Flyboy and has her eyes on some Garrett character. So I guess we will head down

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool story and nice relics

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting finds and interesting read. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool story and nice relics

Thanks man. I bet over 100 buttons have been pulled out by myself and others so far and that's just since last weekend. Several really nice 17-1800's Coins ( but leave it to an unnamed person to find a mercury dime) a few buckles , Tokens and other relics. Everybody still cleaning and Nicer stuff hopefully will be posted soon.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like hearing stuff like that. Don't know if I believe all of it but you sure cleaned those finds up nicely. Congrats

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like hearing stuff like that. Don't know if I believe all of it but you sure cleaned those finds up nicely. Congrats

ATW the shame the shame:laughing7: Now would Uncle Cletus lie? Well yeah probably but I'm just repeating what he tells us. Now as far as the relics are concerned A Chosen Few can verify their finds with the exception of that Garrett guy.And by the looks of things he'll be marrying into the family soon via Uncle Cletus shotgun

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7: shed a tear in my beer reading this . Even though my family moved back to South Jersey from Ga. years ago , I luv your Watermelon patch thread Tyler's dad ...... All this talk of Uncle Cletus , moonshine explosions , sand blasting concrete off relics ,big Savannah Gray " southern grown melons ", has me really missing Atlanta .
Time to fire up the 69 Charger and put Waylon 's version of , " The Dukes from Hazzard theme " , on the 8 track . ;)

dawg !

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7: shed a tear in my beer reading this . Even though my family moved back to South Jersey from Ga. years ago , I luv your Watermelon patch thread Tyler's dad ...... All this talk of Uncle Cletus , moonshine explosions , sand blasting concrete off relics ,big Savannah Gray " southern grown melons ", has me really missing Atlanta .
Time to fire up the 69 Charger and put Waylon 's version of , " The Dukes from Hazzard theme " , on the 8 track . ;)

dawg !
Come on down dawg. I think Uncle Cletus is gonna have a Family Reunion in April. It's got me all excited cause I have cousins I haven't even dated yet. You are always more than Welcome. After all this is the South. It will be the Largest Pig Picking North of Hardeeville. And he's gonna cook too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Word on the street is there are a few more ripe melons waiting for a midnight pick- will have to report back later after Glenn has a taste this evening

Yeah I hear Uncle Cletus had several big deliveries today. So melons should be ripe for the pickings. Send info later and often. Remember 17-1800's throw those Mercs away

P@tch

Apr 9, 2013
mooresville,nc
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer 2, etrac, deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll bring some north Carolina seeds with me. At 18.19 an acre I'm planting my own field.

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll bring some north Carolina seeds with me. At 18.19 an acre I'm planting my own field.

They said Harvest would be Over by the time we got to the patch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread