Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well after Grinding and Sandblasting some finds from the Watermelon Patch I asked Uncle Cletus why the relics were so encrusted and difficult to[ clean. Well Cleatus explained its the same reason he was able to purchase the land for $18.19/an acre and his melons grow so Big. Well it seems the Government built a Zillion dollar Experimental Concrete Plant. Well one day they ran out of water and left a message with Uncle Cletus 98 year old mom. Well being hard of hearing she told Cletus the Govment boys wanted to buy a tankerload of his Sweet Water. Well Cletus thought it was strange but being a Secret Plant they paid in cash so he delivered it. Well Everybody knows Concrete and Moonshine don't mix and the Explosion was heard all the way to Savannah and covered 700 acres in concrete mix. Well after a lengthy 3 day investigation the Government sold Cletus the land cheap. Don't know if I believe his story but 2 things are true. These are the Hardest encrusted relics I've ever seen and Uncle Cletus grows the Biggest melons around
IMG_20160204_115128604.jpg IMG_20160204_115920.jpg IMG_20160203_090024.jpg IMG_20160203_083244.jpg IMG_20160203_110321.jpg IMG_20160203_110031446.jpg
The Georgia Tech pin is Sterling The button of man is silver plated The silhouette of the man is a little over an inch tall and was encrusted in a round blob that I though was a button or a coin. The lead bar is couple inches long and has some strange markings.

Last edited:
Upvote 17

Stand Watie

Mar 24, 2012
Greenwood SC
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds Tyler. I'm especially impressed with the GT medal since my wife was the first female to get a full athletic scholarship (basketball) there. She's was also inducted into the GT Athletic Hall of Fame in 1991. Only the 2nd female to get inducted. She graduated early (1979) with an engineering degree so she only played basketball for 3 years but she still has records on the books there. She was also the first female college player to score 1,000 points in her career. Sorry about the brag but I am proud of her. What can I say, I married up. 8-)

Keep posting from the Watermelon Patch. I'm loving the finds and the stories. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Tyler. I'm especially impressed with the GT medal since my wife was the first female to get a full athletic scholarship (basketball) there. She's was also inducted into the GT Athletic Hall of Fame in 1991. Only the 2nd female to get inducted. She graduated early (1979) with an engineering degree so she only played basketball for 3 years but she still has records on the books there. She was also the first female college player to score 1,000 points in her career. Sorry about the brag but I am proud of her. What can I say, I married up. 8-)

Keep posting from the Watermelon Patch. I'm loving the finds and the stories. :icon_thumright:

Great story SW. I'd be proud of her also. Congrats on marrying Up. Would have been Way Up if she had been a Clemson Tiger :laughing7: Pm me your mailing address and you can give her a Surprise.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You might want to put ole Coin Kicker in charge of security. They just caught this guy trying to smuggle melons out of the patch!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454720706.931671.jpg

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I l.ike any story with treasure watermelons and shine sounds like a party Nice post...

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might want to put ole Coin Kicker in charge of security. They just caught this guy trying to smuggle melons out of the patch!
View attachment 1269075

That guy isn't going far. He's got some of Uncle Cletus's Sweet Water in his hand. He won't be leaving the patch tonight.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny story and nice find. I can tell you the relic with the face is part of a old Jesuit site. It's a lion with a monks hood. I've found pieces like it before. There may be more to those water melon patches than you think.
Bwb

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds bud, heck of a story, sounds like it could be a good movie!

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds bud, heck of a story, sounds like it could be a good movie!

Thanks Brad. I love this time of year here. Movie hmmm.....Sweetwater Carolina. Secret Government Project gone wrong and cover up. Southern Melon Farmer/ Sweetwater Entrepreneur. Crazy Southern Girls. Pig Pickings Horseshoes Coin Kicker a Watermelon Patch FULL of relics. Naw who would Believe it. Besides Uncle Cletus would want Brad Pitt to play him if he wasn't allowed to play himself:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions