Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
It was two rolls of 1968D halves. Not a mega find but noteworthy.
Better because my 4 and 7 year old sons were with me at the bank when I got them. First time they saw solid rolls being found. We happened to open them right after we walked out the door.

I'm going through mostly dimes and pennies with them, and the older is doing a state quarter collection. We're sorting for copper pennies and wheats. My 4 year old found a 1903 shiny Indian head himself... he knew it looked different with the Indian on it. I share some of the silver finds with them for their treasure boxes. We found 2 silvers in $100 in CRW the split earlier this week.

Last time I was posting regularly I had no children. But I still pop on to see what's being found. My volume of hunting went from $2-$3k per week in halves to very occasional. Diminishing returns and coin machines getting pulled from banks over time plus getting busy (wife, then kids and started business). It seems the hobby overall slowed down quite a bit.

But it's always fun and IT'S STILL OUT THERE.

Happy hunting!

Attachments

• 20220203_161436.jpg
    20220203_161436.jpg
    889.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 20220203_162742.jpg
    20220203_162742.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 91
Upvote 11

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on some great finds! I asked my bank the other day if people are CRHing there and the teller said, Yes, but we inspect all wrapped coins that come in and we keep the good coins!

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahh, I miss those days. Congrats. How cool for the youngsters to be a part of that! I'm trying to wean myself off crh-ing. I used to visit 20-30 banks a week. This was the first week in years I don't remember stopping at one bank. Full rolls used to be a regular thing but I haven't seen one since before covid. I've found some old wax paper and shotgun rolls this year but they weren't full.

Buchsy

Oct 14, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Better because my 4 and 7 year old sons were with me at the bank when I got them. First time they saw solid rolls being found. We happened to open them right after we walked out the door.

I'm going through mostly dimes and pennies with them, and the older is doing a state quarter collection. We're sorting for copper pennies and wheats. My 4 year old found a 1903 shiny Indian head himself... he knew it looked different with the Indian on it. I share some of the silver finds with them for their treasure boxes. We found 2 silvers in $100 in CRW the split earlier this week.

Last time I was posting regularly I had no children. But I still pop on to see what's being found. My volume of hunting went from $2-$3k per week in halves to very occasional. Diminishing returns and coin machines getting pulled from banks over time plus getting busy (wife, then kids and started business). It seems the hobby overall slowed down quite a bit.

Happy hunting!
Excellent finds - and they seem to be in mint state!

gold eye

Jan 2, 2010
tampa fl
Detector(s) used
garret masterhunter 7x ace 250

Happy hunting!
Congratulations on finding those wild silver coins it’s even more fun when you get to do it with your kids I have two boys that always hunted with me my oldest one is somewhat into it but my youngest one is all over it he’s 21 and it’s hunting all the time so keep it up you’ll have a lifetime of memories with them

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread