Seeking advice & opinions

3ennyboom

May 12, 2022
Sup guys! Quick question for people familiar with the Clearwater/St. Pete area….

That you know of…are there any remote islands around that you can only get to by boat or jet ski that you feel should be metal detected because of rumors of past activity such as pirates or anything that was mentioned in old books or on maps from the past? Basically what areas peak your interest and why? Any suggestions?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Legends yes, proof no.... Better off hunting the local beaches.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are rumors of Jose Gaspar, but have never heard anything but rumors and nothing on locations. I was born and raised in Tampa. I highly doubt they would have buried any gold on any islands other than maybe Honeymoon Island, it is a state park that does allow metal detecting, you can hunt from the dunes to the water there. No in-the-water detecting is allowed there and you need to get a permit from the ranger office.

OP
OP

3ennyboom

May 12, 2022
There are rumors of Jose Gaspar, but have never heard anything but rumors and nothing on locations. I was born and raised in Tampa. I highly doubt they would have buried any gold on any islands other than maybe Honeymoon Island, it is a state park that does allow metal detecting, you can hunt from the dunes to the water there. No in-the-water detecting is allowed there and you need to get a permit from the ranger office.
I’ve hunted Honeymoon through the years 20+ times. I was actually there Friday morning lol I know Chris & Beth pretty well (park rangers). I personally wouldn’t mind getting on Ross or Christmas Island but it’s a preserve now unfortunately.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve hunted Honeymoon through the years 20+ times. I was actually there Friday morning lol I know Chris & Beth pretty well (park rangers). I personally wouldn’t mind getting on Ross or Christmas Island but it’s a preserve now unfortunately.
Yes, it has changed, I used to go to St Pete beach in mid 60s and there were cypress trees down to the beach, and there was very little on Honeymoon Island.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread