Selling Coins

brhalltx

Dec 3, 2013
Dallas, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are some good FaceBook groups for selling. A local coin shop might be good... Or might not be.

Digginitdaily

Apr 24, 2023
From what I've learned since playing banker on the weekends, ebay is hit or miss. You may have a million dollar coin and only get 99 cents for it. There are specific dealers for error coins as well as mint coins. It's best to have the coin graded beforehand so people know they are authentic. You'll get more money that way whether by a dealer or personal sell. I've used Heritage auctions and have been satisfied but like any auction house they take a percentage of the sell price. The good thing about them is they will Certify the coins before the sale and it makes selling faster and easier. It all depends how bad you wanna get them gone.

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I've learned since playing banker on the weekends, ebay is hit or miss. You may have a million dollar coin and only get 99 cents for it. There are specific dealers for error coins as well as mint coins. It's best to have the coin graded beforehand so people know they are authentic. You'll get more money that way whether by a dealer or personal sell. I've used Heritage auctions and have been satisfied but like any auction house they take a percentage of the sell price. The good thing about them is they will Certify the coins before the sale and it makes selling faster and easier. It all depends how bad you wanna get them gone.
Great advice here! Like anything else of value provenance is key. Takes the guess work out of it and stops people from trying to rip you off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions