What's new

Semi-Key Barber Quarter

KeyaPaha

Full Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2015
Messages
227
Reaction score
553
Golden Thread
0
Location
Naper, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D and now M6
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had some time to kill so thought I would spend it on the hard hit town ball field. Glad I did when I decided to dig the tiny coin squeak in the middle of some pull tabs. At about 8 inches I rolled out this 1901-O!

2015 (7).webp

2015 (8).webp
 
Upvote 26
Congrats on pulling that barber. Would like to see all of today's finds. Were you using a small coil to pull that Barber out of the pull tab infestation?
 
Love barbers man great job!
 
it's a neat trick to pull silver when there are lots of those nasty pulltabs present.
 
Dang, maybe Honus Wagner dropped that Barber quarter ! ( If it was his, he would have to have lost it late in his career )
 
Great find to sniper out and show it to the sunshine again in its life.
 
NICE BARBER FIND ......
 
Barber Quarters are a great coin to dig. Nice job.
 
Great to come home with silver, , especially an old quarter like that. Congrats.
 
VERY NICE.

I envy you. 'Yawn'
 
Congratz! Great save!
 
Congrats on pulling that barber. Would like to see all of today's finds. Were you using a small coil to pull that Barber out of the pull tab infestation?

Still using the stock coil that came with the M6. Am looking to get a sniper coil, as these old towns are so full of nails, scrap metal and pull tabs that I am sure I am missing a lot.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom