Sending my rings into the refinery. Got my check.

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I decided to send these guys into Midwest Refinery to cash in 3 of last years rings. What ever money I get will go towards getting a new detector... What do you guys think I will get out of these?

2g 14k gold ring
4g 10k gold ring
15g .925 silver ring

Attachments

• RingsOnScale.jpg
    RingsOnScale.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 380
Re: Sending my rings into the refinery. Anyone want to guess how much I get back?

Not sure what they are worth gimme,but the wife said she would go $50.00 ;D

Re: Sending my rings into the refinery. Anyone want to guess how much I get back?

What percentage of spot price are they paying right now, and did you use the forum scrap metal calculator?

Well hey, as long as you end up with enough to get me that beef at Goodfellas!

You gonna get back to the hometown for some spring swings this year homeboy?

$131.18 would be Minimum I'd accept

& That's giving them 10% right now

Personally though Giving them 2% Would be more to my Likeing

ARA is paying out more...... http://www.aragold.com/

hi jason, my uneducated guess is 125.00 i think 14k= 14 parts 24 k gold and 10 parts other metals and 10k= 10 parts gold and 14 parts other metals. i hope you get a lot more for the detector fund.

Gimmie The Loot said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
ARA is paying out more...... http://www.aragold.com/

Thanks for the tip. I'll check them out TH!

Just remember these Mail in Companies are Not
Indpendent Buyers.

They are Making Millions whether they take
10% or 2%

Better they take 2 & You make out also

I was told there would be no math on this test......

6 grams of gold isn't much so probably 121.00

Lowbatts said:
What percentage of spot price are they paying right now, and did you use the forum scrap metal calculator?

Well hey, as long as you end up with enough to get me that beef at Goodfellas!

You gonna get back to the hometown for some spring swings this year homeboy?

I will not accept anything less than enough to buy you your goodfellas beef!

Gold rings = new detector. Go for it.

Are there any stones in the rings?

At today's prices 14k is $26.59 a gram and 10k is $19.02 a gram.....

Your looking at about $129 before they take their cut of 2-5%

Soupie said:
Are there any stones in the rings?

No stones... if there are they are microscopic.

Soup says $135.00 crisp one dollar bills is what you should receive.... :wink:

I don't know about the metal but I'll give you a few bucks for a glass of that stout you're sporting in the profile pic.

Marvin said:
I don't know about the metal but I'll give you a few bucks for a glass of that stout you're sporting in the profile pic.

Ha! Just had one of those. It's actually a porter... we roasted pecans first and then tossed them in the boil so really its a pecan porter. We named it Pullman's Porter. Pretty tasty. I'll save one for ya!

Attachments

• PullmanPorter3.jpg
    PullmanPorter3.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 203

Mmmmmmmmm....roasted pecan porter....so thirsty...

Marvin said:
Mmmmmmmmm....roasted pecan porter....so thirsty...

We might enter that Porter into a homebrew contest. Its so good. Around 9% ABV also so its a heavy beer!

Anyways - rings are in the mail. Sent them to ARA. I expect to have the check mid next week. I'll post the net gain as soon as I know!

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back