VERMONTIS

Mar 27, 2013
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites PI 1000, whites xlt, whites v3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had some time today amidst the rain at 45 degrees. Left the house in no rain and when i got there it was pouring. Waited a couple minutes and it stopped. Perfect for finding surface beads! Short story....found my 6th Seneca Jesuit trade ring! I only found the top - the good part, 6 beads, a kettle point holed, nice gun flint, musket ball and a clay pipe stem. I promise a recap and it's coming soon. Will try to post the rest of the pic's of today's find tomorrow. Thank you.

View attachment A565 - 20181024_164547.bmpView attachment A566 - 20181024_183032.bmpView attachment A567 - 20181024_183933.bmpView attachment A568 - 20181024_184208.bmp

Upvote 0
Awesome finds - Wow!:occasion14::hello2::headbang:

Terry, Thank you! I'm still cleaning stuff... updates tomorrow

yes it does which makes the flint much cooler! Are you in a spot that needs some excavation? It sure sounds like it. You are not at some random campsite.

Mac you are 100%. It was a village of 2500+! In a plowed field when the sun light is just right, I swear you can count the long houses by the black smudges on the ground from the dirt floor!!

I'd like to find the rest of that pipe. Went back again today and I think more pieces of the same pipe and some other nice relics . I plan on a recap with pics this weekend!

this reminds me of Larson1951...if you have not check out his postings at the top of the NA artifacts page.

Uncle Mac , I've never heard of Larson? If you could send a link it would much appreciated! Working on a update on this site with pics, trying to sort and group, then pics and a write up.... Hope to get sorting an pics done tonight, story tomorrow! There's just so many zip lock baggies :icon_thumleft:

Uncle Mac , I've never heard of Larson? If you could send a link it would much appreciated! Working on a update on this site with pics, trying to sort and group, then pics and a write up.... Hope to get sorting an pics done tonight, story tomorrow! There's just so many zip lock baggies :icon_thumleft:

I just tried to click on that thread and there is nothing there ? I am using a the mobile app not sure if that matters or not , I don’t have issues viewing anything else

Mac THANK YOU! For me to remind you or compare me to Larson 1951......:notworthy:

yeah i guess that link needs fixing....type in larson1951 and read some of his old posts, he was farming an old Mandan village and finding amazing stuff.

Read a ton of T.N stories! Larson 1951, MIND BOGGLING

I just tried to click on that thread and there is nothing there ? I am using a the mobile app not sure if that matters or not , I don’t have issues viewing anything else

No, there is nothing there. I had brought this to the attention of one of the mods some time ago. But, you can still find Steve's threads. Here's what you need to do. In the forum's search box, near top right of the artifact front page, type Larson1951. Look for a thread started by Larson1951, and click on his name, so you get to Steve's page. You then have to wait about 45 seconds before another search, but, then search "find latest started threads" on Steve's page, and you will then get all of Steve's old threads. Steve found lots of wonderful bone artifacts from the Mandan site that was located on his farm. And Steve was one of the nicest human beings those of us who were blessed to know him ever knew.

All i did was post some pics. of my finds, I'm not sure what just

All i did was post some pics. of my finds, I'm not sure what just

Your finds are fantastic, IMO. My two favorite time periods are Paleo and Contact/Historic. I have not found much of either where I hunt, but a few things. What I like about the 17th century Iroquois village sites is they were trading with the groups in my own region, the Narragansett of RI being the largest producers of wampum, and the Iroquois obtained their wampum from tribes where I live, and when those Seneca sites you hunt were living communities, it was at the time the original English colonists and famous sachems here were also alive. I love material and sites that were produced and were active when the personages of my local history, both native and colonist, were alive. You are very, very lucky to have sites from the 17th century to hunt, IMO, and you've really killed it at such sites.

WAMPUM IS SOOO GREAT !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back