What's new

A lot of Bending

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the last rain did some good for me we got around 6 inches. I went today and asked permission to another field but was shot down and it was a no. So I went to another property where I have permission and it turned out to be a good day after all. In my hand is a quartz point and a 2 tone drill. As you can see by the pieces on the red I was finding quite a bit. The top row middle there is a green stone piece its actually the butt end of a Green Stone Celt so maybe there is another bigger piece waiting on me and it will fit together I can only hope. Surface finds on private property located in N GA. rock
 

Attachments

  • SDC13340.webp
    SDC13340.webp
    323.2 KB · Views: 135
  • SDC13338.webp
    SDC13338.webp
    509.5 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 0
I save all of the pieces by places and once in a while try to see if any fit
 
I save all of the pieces by places and once in a while try to see if any fit

I do the same thing. Have refitted 4-7 in the last few years.
 
Way ta go. Very nice.:icon_thumright:
 
Nice finds , some killer broken tips below the greenstone

Yes I have found some nice tips and pieces in that spot even a whole Celt last year but I am starting to think I might be in a trash pit by all of the pieces I am finding. Even the whole Celt I found has a hairline crack running through it. The fields above where I find these are used for hay and will never be turned as of now.
 
Nice finds , some killer broken tips below the greenstone

I have found 3 quartz points in that spot now found this Savannah River this year there also its better than the others. Funny thing is I dont find any quartz cobbles any place in that area.
 

Attachments

  • SDC13064.webp
    SDC13064.webp
    1,004 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
I do the same thing. Have refitted 4-7 in the last few years.

Just checked nothing matches as of yet. Some fine pieces hope to find some other halves as time goes by.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom