What's new

Sent to me by a good friend

tomsneck

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2007
Messages
407
Reaction score
598
Golden Thread
0
Location
marthas vineyard
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt, mxsport
This is from him
Guy says he used too drive truck through Gettysburg park 4 am twice month one day brings a medal d and finds some lead lead balls and this: ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1557580983.518197.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1557580998.235358.webp

Any thoughts on its origins
 
I don't know anything about CW relics except what i read here.
Could be from a gift shop or reenactors that dropped it.
It's a cool pin that's for sure, but if old I don't know.
Hope it's old and CW
​
 
Upvote 0
I’m just guessing, but I don’t think that type of pin clasp cw era but I could be way off.
 
Upvote 0
I see the back is stamped with a P which indicates it was made by Parsley Brass .. famous for Civil War reproductions, It could have been made as a souvenir, too, but it definitely is not Civil War era.
 
Upvote 0
If that was out in the elements for 156 years that pin would be long gone. Looks like a gift shop pick up.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom