Serendipity!

SDBob

Jun 11, 2013
SE South Dakota
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, CZ5, Tesero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Serendipity is defined: Luck that takes the form of finding valuable or pleasant things that are not looked for.

We went to one our favorite beaches for a few hours today and while the wife relaxed on a lawn chair, I did what I usually do, treasure hunt!
I found the usual coins, bobbie pins, fishing lure, sinkers ect, then I got signal that rang up as foil.

I figured tin foil or a candy wrapper but small rings have been known to fall in that category so I dig everything. About 10 inches down I scoop out a baggie and inside is a note, a piece of rolled up tin foil, and a Winnie the Pooh pin.
My first thought was meth but after reading the note it was clear it belonged to a girl named Makenna and the note was dated 10-10-14.
I unfolded the tin foil and there were 5 one dollar bills.
Ok here is the Serendipity part of the story.......today is National Winnie the Pooh Day!

http://www.national-awareness-days.com/winnie-the-pooh-day.html
IMG_0275.JPG IMG_0277.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 6

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does the note say?

RiverRat

Jun 30, 2012
Clearlake, N. California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Garrett Pro Pointer,Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool!...I want to know what the note said too!..:)...also, where are the beaches in South Dakota in January?...:)

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a cool story! I love it. It's these types of finds that break up the routine we sometimes get in metal detecting. Thanks for sharing.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
The Pooh I usually find... sticks to my boots and smells bad!

Congrats. GL&HH!

OP
OP
SDBob

SDBob

Jun 11, 2013
SE South Dakota
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, CZ5, Tesero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies everybody. We are staying in Seminole Florida for Jan & Feb and I have fallen in love with beach detecting! The note looks to be from grandma and says a girl named Lexi got the Winnie the Pooh pin from Disney World and wanted Makenna to have it. The note is very readable even though some of the tin foil was stuck to it.
IMG_0277.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread