Serious No. Az. THing

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Re: Serious No. Az. T'Hing

What type sites? (ie.: nuggets, ruins, campsites, ...or? just generalities, not the actual name or site). There's a Reno fellow that posts on the California "Kinzli" forum, by the name of Robert. Go to the kinzli forum and put out the post there, and I bet he responds :) To get to the main page of this forum, you have to sign up, but it's easy (just pick a name and password).

Ooops, my bad. I was thinking Nevada, not AZ! doh :P I have a good friend in Las Vegas who's always on the prowl for a detecting spot. When he lived in CA, we were good detecting buddies. Is Las Vegas close enough? Lemme know and I'll alert him to this thread.

Hello Tom;
This "cache" is a Large Cache of leather pouches (The old Mining type of Pouch) , filled with many small gold ingots, in each!
Probably Spanish in origin!
As to who or what the bodies are, "Quen Sabe " ? ???
It was found by a prospector who brought some of the ingots out!
He was caught in a bad "T-storm" and soon died of "pnu..mouna" :P .. Or! Whatever!
The location and description was given to a relative when he, the prospector, realized that he was on his way to "The Big Hunting (T'hing) Grounds" in the sky!
So! I have more than a just general area ... in which to search.
But! Still,
It is not going to be just a week end search/hunt!
It'll probably take a day or two, from the last paved road into the area, by 4x4 !
I intend to set up and base camp, where I believe the cave to be!
Then, it'll be a matter of searching for the entrance of the cave, which according to the "O.P." is not covered up or hidden !
And! It IS! a cave, not a mine!
So!
Any trail to it was washed over yrs & yrs ago!
He found it by accident ,
He was checking out (prospecting) the mntside for minerals when he came across the entrance!

This site is fairly close to L.V., w/150 miles or so!
A good l-o-n-g shot, ::) maybe, a ".300 H&H Magnum" , from the Nev/Az. Border!

I thought that I had my notes (research) on this close, at hand !
AH! ::)
I can't find them or anything else, since I moved into this computer room ! :-\
I'm going to have to take some time off (The "Net") , and see if I can find where the notes are !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back