What's new

Serpent or Dragon?

romeo-1

Gold Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2005
Messages
9,863
Reaction score
7,127
Golden Thread
3
Location
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I dug this I first thought it was a trade musket serpent side plate. It does look like a serpent or dragon but I have no clue what it actually is. Ideas?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20180311_1402122.webp
    IMG_20180311_1402122.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_20180311_1315060.webp
    IMG_20180311_1315060.webp
    721.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20180311_1315222.webp
    IMG_20180311_1315222.webp
    445.4 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20180311_1402406.webp
    IMG_20180311_1402406.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 104
Someone posted one of those before can't remember if it was Identified?
 
Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure that the figure is that of a mythical hippocampus (sea-horse)...just don't know what it was a part of...
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Part of a decorative old Victorian oil/gas lamp???


Tim
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom