Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0618.JPG

Upvote 4

geologyjohn

Mar 18, 2009
West edge of the U.S.
Detector(s) used
WW2 mine detector, D-Tex Standard, D-Tex Deluxe, A.H. Pro Discriminator, various Whites, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher 1270, Fisher F75, Fisher Gold Bug,Tesoro Sand Shark. And maybe others that I forgot?
Serpentine, which is our State rock, if I remember correctly, is very soft. Not a suitable cutting tool in most cases. Are you sure that the tool that you found is not a hide scraper?

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
:hello2: Welcome to t-net! :hello2: I'm looking forward to more info and pics on your finds. :icon_thumright:

My dad's family lived in southern Vermont & southern New Hampshire since the early 1600's, and it's sure beautiful country in your state! My dad moved south as a young man because he wanted to be warm, lol. But we had happy summer visits in New England! Years later, studying the family history, my sister learned that one of our direct ancestors was killed by a native people's raid, no doubt due to the transplanted Brits' persistence in taking over the native's land for farming. But the raid was only against the men working in the fields, leaving the women and children still alive in their cabins -- we descended from a child who at the age of two years old survived that long-ago raid. Andi

OP
OP
jeremiahweed

jeremiahweed

Greenie
Nov 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no serpentine is very very hard..your mistaken

OP
OP
jeremiahweed

jeremiahweed

Greenie
Nov 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had all these pieces confirmed...but believe what you want.. there is always the chance these are nothing. nobody here thinks that but its certainly possible

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice. I LOVE those kinds of relics. They're really hard to come by where I come from.

Congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions