Settings for the Lobo ST in the park for general use.

Don in SoCal

Jul 19, 2014
Corona
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800; 11", 6X9CT... Compadre; 6C, 8OOR, 3X18 Cleansweep...GM4b; 6X9DD, 6X9C ...ML Sovereign; 8 & 10 Tornado, 10X12 Detech SEF …GP3500, 6X8 Sadie, 12 EVO, 14 CT Mono&DD
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I acquired the LST mainly for it's nugget hunting capabilities and I have been very impressed and pleased with it's performance in hitting on low conductors. In my bad soil I'm seeing a 5 gr pellet at 2.5" w/5X10 coil. I've have used it here in So. Calif. on the beach on dry sand/wet (not at surf line) and it works great, I prefer the 10X12 coil there. I have 4 coils, 5.75 con., 8X9, 5X10, 10X12. I've ran it at the park and will confess hitting and digging thin foil at 3-4" continuously becomes a challenge. I am requesting setting advice from Terry S. or anybody else who has run the LST in the parks or open ball fields in average soil conditions for picking up jewelry and/or coins. . Thank you, Don

For SILVER jewelry, coins, and modern Quarters and Dimes: Discrimination at MAX, sensitivity at no more than 8.

For GOLD jewelry and coins: Discrimination at Nickel, sensitivity no more than 8.5

When you flip the machine from All Metal to Discriminate is switches from manual ground balance into a pre-programmed ground balance like the Cibola. You'll get a maximum effective depth of only 8" on a quarter when you discriminate with the Lobo Super Traq, so you do lose a couple inches from All Metal.

I did well with the LST in parks and on Sports fields - Good Luck!

Thank you Terry, Do you have a preference for the coil best
Suited for the task? Thanks again. Don

Thank you Terry, Do you have a preference for the coil best
Suited for the task? Thanks again. Don

Absolutely! It is the new 11" x 8" widescan Hands Down! Best seperation, depth and speed available for the Lobo outside the gold fields.

10-4 :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back