Seven weeks of coins and silver

goldbug

Sep 6, 2007
Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to introduce myself to ya'all. I am temporarily in So. Cal but am from Nevada and soon to head back in that direction. I have had my md following me around the country in different moves and never used it. Seven weeks ago I took it to Nevada when I visited my kids and OMG I've never had so much fun. It beats all. I cam home with a bag of money from the different parks I went to and have continued on since I got home.

Below are pics of my old white, coinmaster 6DB discriminator. Can anyone tell me though why when I put it on GEB I pick up gold that I have buried to test it, but when I turn it to GEB Descriminator, it no longer picks up gold, only coins and silver and metal alloys. Any ideas?

I need to live up to my name and I want to find some bling!

Thanks in advance for your help...I love this site, you guys are soooo funny.
Goldbug

Attachments

• fullview.jpg
    fullview.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 429
  • metalde.jpg
    metalde.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 419
  • cross-ring.jpg
    cross-ring.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 427
Upvote 0

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't see what it is, but I can see there's a bunch of it.
HH
Ken

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Nice collection from what I can see. Great job. When you go to GEB discriminate you are probably discriminating out the pull tabs, nickels and gold. I personally don't know that machine, but that would be my guess.

OP
OP
G

goldbug

Sep 6, 2007
Thanks for that advice. I guess I'll just have to dig everything up in order to find that bling I want so badly...appreciate the help. Goldbug

piggman1 said:
Nice collection from what I can see. Great job. When you go to GEB discriminate you are probably discriminating out the pull tabs, nickels and gold. I personally don't know that machine, but that would be my guess.

Slabman

Jan 13, 2007
Detector(s) used
XLT, Quattro, X-Terra, Sovreign, Whites Goldmaster
Hey Goldbug!
Nice pile of finds. The ole 6DB... that's the first machine I ever found anything with.
It was my father inlaws, and he got me into the hobby back in 1980. When you are doing
your test with the gold, put it in GEB discriminate, and turn the discrimination to around
the foil area. Play with the disc knob until it will pick up gold.
Here's the fun thing. When my father inlaw had this machine, he did not have the instruction
manual, so he just fiddled around with the buttons until he got it to pick up coins. Try this.
Put it into the "TR disc" mode. This is the "transmit receive" mode. On the "tuning" knob,
turn it down until you can just no longer here the tone. You can walk along and the machine
will do nothing until you walk over a coin, and it will give you a very short "blip". We routinely
found coins at 8 to 9 inches.
I was just talking to my father inlaw yesterday, and were thinking about resurrecting the
6DB and see if we can do that again. Fun stuff!!

HH Slabman

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net, Goldbug! I see the mound of coins...so you found a lot, from what I can make out with the other pic looks like a ring and a cross. Still great finds. I, too have the same MD as you, but since finding T-Net, I have upgraded. That GEB weighs a ton, I never really found anything with it except for iron relics.

;) RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread