What's new

Seventh gold ring From the Field of Dreams

scaupus

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2011
Messages
900
Reaction score
540
Golden Thread
0
Location
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
14k, 2.2 grams, the 2 side stones are diamonds, the center is aquamarine




diamond aquamarine 14k.webp
Wednesday I was really looking forward to hunting this field again. I felt optimistic. I could have considered the fact that i had already removed 6 gold rings from the field to be a crippling handicap, that the field was now barren. And I had thought that, many times. But Wednesday I was thinking..."bet on a winner!" well, that's how I had found the previous six rings, anyway.

I started swinging my ctx 3030, and I bypassed a lot of signals. These included bottlecaps that have ferrous tails or ferrous halos (which I like to be able to hear, hence almost no discrimination); 12/15 and 12/28 tabs; deep signals; overly large signals; multi-point signals; 12/39 zinc pennies; and even 12/43 dimes. The CTX can really tell the dross from the gold.

Finally I came upon an agreeable signal: 12/6, strong, tight, clean, and not deep (deep is almost always bad in south florida parks, unless its coming from under a big ball of bahia grass. A bahia root ball can push a ring down deep, I've seen it) .


I swung my digging adz, and scooped out a clod of earth and roots. I saw a gold band peeking through the dirt. Very quickly I could see it was real gold, and it had stones. Just what I was looking for!


And it was in the very first hole I dug. How great was that?


 

Attachments

  • Effect_20150926_011608.webp
    Effect_20150926_011608.webp
    41.4 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Upvote 36
ring.gif
Nice find . Thanks for sharing...
 
That is super, congratulations. What is/was this "field of dreams" used for, that it would hide so many rings? Sub 8-)
 
Congrats, that CTX is paying for itself...
 
That's a beautiful gold ring, congratulations!
TFS and HH
 
Amazing keep the gold coming. CTX does like to sniff out that gold.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom