What's new

Several hunts into the "bullet hole" Gold Rings #5 & #6 and bullets..lots of em!

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2012
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
3,199
Golden Thread
1
Location
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several hunts into the "bullet hole" Gold Ring's #5 & #6 and bullets..lots of em!

I was able to get out a couple days in a row and wanted to beat the replenishment crews that have been dumping sand all along the way, with lots more to come apparently......
Virginia Beach to restart replenishment fund for beach | WAVY-TV
There are also spots along the Bay as well that will be getting a makeover. Should be interesting...

20160408_152849.webp20160408_152852.webp

I did LOTS of digging the last couple days and it started off great and kinda petered out. I guess the new sand above is making it's way back down the slope but was glad I was able to get some decent finds before it was mores closed off. The first day brought the silver ring, silver bracelet and 2 x 14K gold rings 4.2 grams of the large one and 5.2 grams for the one with the (of course) fugazi diamond. The plain band is HUGE..size 15! Also pulled a cool bottle, a ships spike and some unreadable coin/token. Plenty of bullets of course and a shell casing from a tank or naval ship or coastal gun. Clad: $3.60

20160408_152814.webp20160408_153213.webp20160408_153208.webp20160408_164345.webp20160408_163631.webp20160408_181521.webp20160408_181635.webpDocBeav 2016 Gold Ring #5.webpDocBeav 2016 Gold Ring  #6.webp

The next day there was still plenty of stuff to dig but the best of it was $3.23 in clad, a wheatie and a silver dragon/cross pendant.

20160409_170405.webp20160409_170410.webp20160409_183458.webp20160409_184507.webp

Last hunt was with 2 more rings coming out but both were junkers. More change ($5.05) than previous days and some heavy tgts but not like the first day!

20160410_173605.webp20160410_173611.webp20160410_184302.webp

I know the trucks will be back at it again tomorrow, I saw the huge pile of sand they have been moving, so I'm glad I had the chance to get some good stuff. Here's a pic of all the good stuff over the last week or so all together. Bring on the depositors!
20160410_212732.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 20
You really clean up! Love all those rings. How many holes did you dig?
 
You positive you are not digging in Michigan at my bullet beach? LOL looks like the same stuff. 50 cal's and 30 cal's and lots of trash. Super nice rings also. congrats
 
Really nice. Love that gold....
 
What a nice assortment you found...the rings are the icing on the cake!!! Great job!!
 
I think I could smell the ocean when reading about your hunt. You cleaned up with all the gold rings. Nice hunt with lots of targets dug!
HH
 
You can start a small store with that inventory! Love the gold :D
Didn't know there was so much WWII debris still in the sands over there from the testing grounds, I sometimes find 50 cal shell casings from the 40's and I'm not even aware of any testing that's gone on in my area back then. :treasurechest::thumbsup:
 
Awesome! Nice ring haul!
Is the stone a diamond?

Good you cleaned the beach before they buried all that!
 
A lot of hours, and a lot of great finds!
 
Great hunt, lots of goodies! :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom